Street Tracker in works!

coneeng

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
This started life as a 78 model but I think it was last used as a mooring anchor for jon boats when hillbilly handfishin'.

Here's a couple shots of the beginning of it's journey from the depths of despair...

Attachments

• photo a.jpg
    photo a.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 293
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 343
Removing all the broken, rusted crap and giving it a good bath really cleaned the old gal up!

Attachments

• photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 392
Sizing up the rear fender and seeing how this tank would look. Federal Truth in Advertising laws required relabelling the tank.

After consideration, there is no way that stock subframe is going to work.

Attachments

• photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 480
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 542
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 364
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 351
I got to be honest, I am lucky enough to have some great friends do some, ok most, well actually, virutally all the heavy lifting on this build. But it's my design! LOL

Benderwerks in ATL, GA is doing most of the fab work with a special assist from Shop 102 in Kennesaw, GA on the subframe. The engine and electrical work will be handled by Atlas-Cycle in Marietta, GA.

Here's a look at the subframe work.

Attachments

• s_1183.jpg
    s_1183.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 353
  • s_1185.jpg
    s_1185.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 354
  • s_1184.jpg
    s_1184.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 353
  • s_1186.jpg
    s_1186.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 331
Here's where we are at now.

Got the 19" rear wheel conversion set up. Only has old 19" street tires for now, real dirt track tires will go on when the time comes and they will look much wider. Got the bars on and Hammerhead shocks. And the rear fender of course. Still working on deciding what to use for a tank. Several options in mind.

Next step finish the shock mounts. Then the motor to goes back in and to begin fabbing the custom exhaust. Going to be a SS 2-1 with several muffler options that can be changed out pretty easily.

Attachments

• photo-2-(7).jpg
    photo-2-(7).jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 400
  • photo-3-(4).jpg
    photo-3-(4).jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 402
How did you make the bend for the frame loop? I've been searching for someone in my area for months and no one can do it. Is it 3/4" tubing?

Looks like a mid 70's KZ400 tank. You're not advertising, right?!

I'm trying to figure out what the Kawi was off originally. It was just sitting on a shelf and looked much better than stock! Also going to try an early yam mx to see which I like better.

Naw, that was a feeble attempt at humor...

Back