Street Tracker in works!

Lesson 1: don't close browser window before finishing post - especially when you are at the "preview". And it always seems like the second reply turns out worse cuz now I am hurrying!

So I was whining that Christmas interrupted progress.

We did get the parts back from media polish. The dry, vibrate kind with little polishing balls. Now going to hit smooth surfaces with scotchbrite to even texture then reassemble with some new pistons. Other than that everything else looked so good it is getting reused, even the oil.

Ok, saved that from the first post. Not really using the same oil, just checking to see if anyone was awake and reading.

Next up is sorting through a box of parts to see what will be new and what is repurposed. Been looking for a big flat headlight. Found a perfect one but it turned out to be really rare (read, expensive and hard to find) so I am trying out a couple of aftermarket ones. Also tiny LED turn signals and some tail lights to see how they look. Want to keep it 50 foot legal - as long as no one pulls out a tape measure I should be ok. A lot of parts will be coming out of the bone pile, off other bikes.

So we need to get all that stuff mocked up and mounted, along with the brake system, motor mounts, battery box etc before we can start planning paint. Oh and changing the filler cap on the tank to help it match the inspiration for the bike.

Working on some preliminary color schemes so once we are ready it won't be waiting naked too long.

Attachments

• cylinder.jpg
    cylinder.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 144
  • sidecovers.jpg
    sidecovers.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 163
Things are looking good man. The Holidays do kind of whoa things up for sure. I the same have been working on all of the lighting and battery box stuff so I can get close to paint, then finally move to the motor build.

Finally a little something new to post!

Here we are fabbing in the new headlight and speedo from Dime City Cycles. Big, big, big headalight face that I am hoping kind of looks like a number plate because it is so big - but it also fairly flat. And a tiny little speedo with a surprising amount of info!

Very uncluttered up on the front end.

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 197
  • headlight 1.jpg
    headlight 1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 245
  • headlight 2.jpg
    headlight 2.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 212
  • headlight 3.jpg
    headlight 3.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 252
Sizing up the rear fender and seeing how this tank would look. Federal Truth in Advertising laws required relabelling the tank.

After consideration, there is no way that stock subframe is going to work.

I never liked Kawasaki green either,but it would probably make it go faster in a straight line though!:laugh:

Here's some more stuff to look at. Fabbing the tail light mount and license plate frame.

Attachments

• tail-light-closeup.jpg
    tail-light-closeup.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 183
  • tail-light-backside.jpg
    tail-light-backside.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 178
  • tail-light-2.jpg
    tail-light-2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 189
  • tail-light.jpg
    tail-light.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 185
I think this is what has slowed down progress on the tracker. Started life as a dressed up HD. Now it is known as ChopperCross, I kind of like enduroXchopper.

Attachments

• HD dressed.jpg
    HD dressed.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 162
  • HD undressed.jpg
    HD undressed.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 218
  • HD woods.jpg
    HD woods.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 197
  • HD flyer.jpg
    HD flyer.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 217
Well things are picking up speed or at least they need to if it is going to get finished by deadline.

The cases came back from media polish and look awesome. Here's a shot of the cases stacked up. No paint is going on the engine, just a mix of media polish highlighted by brush polished covers. Wheels will also be brush polished.

Trying to finish up the last of the frame fabrication. Building battery box and coil mounts. Had to rework the tank and mounts, the tank rubbed on the motor when we put in a mockup. Once the fab work is all done it will go out to be satin black powder coated along with the wheels and some other parts.

One roadblock now is whether to relocate the fuel petcocks to the rear of the tank or leave up front. My fab buddy wants to move them but that is a lot of time and effort. I want to swap the petcocks left to right and vice-versa, then make a spacer so they rotate to point back. Then run a clear line along the base of the tank. I actually like to see the fuel and the bubbles, like the old sight glasses they used to install in tanks.

Next decision is what color for the calipers. I really like the front one in gold like it is now, but the rear won't have a gold rotor. Maybe I can replace the rear rotor later. The other options are black or silver, but I'm leaning towards go bold with gold!

Attachments

• engine stack.JPG
    engine stack.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 161
  • front brake.jpg
    front brake.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 186
Rich,
I ordered my petcocks up front on the advice from Jake its gets a bit crowded back by the carbs with filtering and getting all plumbed in, and then still be crowded for hands to be turning them on and off. That said I am sure it can be done. As far as the color on your brakes... me no gold FWIW and I am only leaning that way because I like the aluminum, stainless looks it seems kind of period correct. Again that said gold will look good also and bring some modern to it.

The build is looking great man, is that the new 18 incher your talking about??? Looks good!!

Jake told me the same when I ordered my Champion style tank. I had to go back a page to see that the MX fuel tank came with those petcocks up front. Some one modded it along the way. That's why I gave up using the one I have.

Rich,
I ordered my petcocks up front on the advice from Jake its gets a bit crowded back by the carbs with filtering and getting all plumbed in, and then still be crowded for hands to be turning them on and off. That said I am sure it can be done. As far as the color on your brakes... me no gold FWIW and I am only leaning that way because I like the aluminum, stainless looks it seems kind of period correct. Again that said gold will look good also and bring some modern to it.

The build is looking great man, is that the new 18 incher your talking about??? Looks good!!

I'll pass that info on the petcocks to Ben (fabrication), hopefully it will assure him that it looks ok.

The 18" muffler, yes it is. I haven't posted any pics of the newest mufflers yet. We got the prototypes fabbed and the mid-pipes made to test them. We did fire them up for preliminary sound checks but I haven't had a chance to actually get offsite to record and film them. We have been exceptionally busy!

I'm with you on the color of the brakes. But the front one looks so good in gold I think I will try painting a rear disc to match front when I get it back here in Cali. We're going to drill a stock rear in a pattern to match the new Brembo going up front.

Back