Street Tracker in works!

Here's a couple more pics. Look how wide that front tire is in the forks! And a nice shot over the front end even gives you a peak at the cool speedo and mount.

Attachments

• xs7.jpg
    xs7.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 239
  • xs6.jpg
    xs6.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 257
I stand corrected, I can't believe it though. Maybe I have more sidewall bulge since I am running a front wheel on the rear? What brand are you running, maybe they run different?
i have a 19" front also, I,m running a goodyear/dunlop 27.5x7.5x19.
I probably have 1/4" on each side on the tire to the swing arm.
I will try to get a pic for ya.

That exhaust is killer.. get us some bigger photos!

Check page 3 of post, there is a much better shot of the exhaust. It was one of the first things we built and actually took the least amount of time. Relatively speaking the frame mods took a lot longer!

i have a 19" front also, I,m running a goodyear/dunlop 27.5x7.5x19.
I probably have 1/4" on each side on the tire to the swing arm.
I will try to get a pic for ya.

Rusty yeah more pics of your fit up please. I cruized your thread and can't quite exactly just see she is filled up!:thumbsup:

coneneg, can you get some pics close up of yours also?

How about a total tire height and or circumference also from either of you???

Last edited:
coneeng,
Things are looking good I put Born Free 5 on the calendar I am hoping to make to see this baby in person and finally meet you too I am hoping.

coneneg, can you get some pics close up of yours also?

How about a total tire height and or circumference also from either of you???

This is about the best picture I have right now of the tires. I wish I had a shot from this same angle with a stock street front tire, it is shocking! But you can compare the inner fender to the rear tire. The inner fender allowed that front tire to go up into it with an extra inch clearance on either side! We figured that would allow for the th wider DT tire plus clearance. Uh yeah... got that wrong!

When I get a chance I'll get a footprint width and what we are doing the new inner fender width spec.

Attachments

• new tires 2.JPG
    new tires 2.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 215
  • front brake 7.jpg
    front brake 7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 220
Coneeng,
Thanks I am workung on thae inner fender and electronics mounting so I greatly appreciate the effort so I only have to do it one time!

The tire is 5" wide and depending on how much travel you have it can take all that in the inner fender. We built a new rear section so if you are running an all stock frame you might need to check clearances all around.

Even chain clearance will be tight. I don't think it would even carry an o-ring chain. Which really makes me surprised that a 27.5 x 7.50 would fit even with a custom swingarm.

coneeng, I see your inner fender is laying right on top of the frame rails. I am planning on doing one that is on my vision board picture shown here. It stands off the frame rails like an additional inch at the top and even more at the bottom. You think this should cover it?

Black Tracker copy.jpg

Hmmm... maybe? LOL I think so. But I would get the tire and shocks, compress them all in and see what happens first. I cheaped out and started fabbing without having the final parts and regret it. I just didn't expect tire to be that wide!

Too funny :D I know thats the way to go but Im not going to get the tires for a while, so I will move forward with caution. Rustyrocket looks like he has the stock inner fender on with his set up but have not heard him confirm everything clears when bottomed out. I still have my stock inner fender also so I will use that as a basis and try to get as much room as I can above and beyond that. Thanks for all the input on this one topic I will let her go now :banghead: I look forward to seeing more progress on your build here Rich.

Is this golden 27x7x19 wider than a Maxis of the same size? Pregrid had Maxis 27x on both ends of his tracker, I have on on the rear of mine and there are no clearance issue's.

Ok, I took some pics of my tire(goodyear/dunlop27.5x7.5x19) in the swing arm. our camera would not focus but you can see(sort of) there is about 1/4" between the tire and swingarm on both sides.

Attachments

• DSC02599.jpg
    DSC02599.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC02598.jpg
    DSC02598.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02596.jpg
    DSC02596.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 157
Rich this Huston come in over. You have an update us? Or did you just sell it or something? Or are you out there working so hard on it for Born Free 5? Hope you doing ok lets see :D

Ok, I took some pics of my tire(goodyear/dunlop27.5x7.5x19) in the swing arm. our camera would not focus but you can see(sort of) there is about 1/4" between the tire and swingarm on both sides.

That's about the same clearance I have with my 27 x 7 x 19 golden. So maybe they are wider?

Rich this Huston come in over. You have an update us? Or did you just sell it or something? Or are you out there working so hard on it for Born Free 5? Hope you doing ok lets see :D

Hello Huston this is Missin Control, sorry I couldn't help myself!

Well when we didn't have it ready in time for me to pick up (on 3 week circumnavigation of continental US) we pushed it to be ready for Born Free at end of June, hopefully that will work. I'm in Atlanta next week and should get eyes on it for first time in months. If all else fails we shoot for Barber in Oct.

Part of the black went for powder coat but still have a couple things left on frame. But now we have three different mufflers I have to choose from! When I get back we're supposed to have first batch of straight core 18" in production and a hybrid quiet core should also be ready. Also got some new triumph style old school mufflers coming out but they won't fit my style - going on a brat bike.

Back