Street Tracker in works!

Nice to see this bike nearly done. Looking Great so far. I'm at about the same place with my build. Feels good when all the grinding , fabricating ,and swearing are done and you can see you see it all come together.

Rich, did you get the foot peg blades from Weiss 3 1/4"? Man those look good gonna scrap the bear trap singles foot peg look I have fabled up.

They're Bates pegs from Ron Wood Racing (they are making new pegs in case anyone didn't know that. They are the original Bates moulds (molds?) SP??? New they are less than what I have seen sold old and crappy on ebay). You can order them as just rubbers, in kits with blades etc. Then welded up the blades to the stock pegs mounts.

And next week starts the sprint to finish in time for Barber. Main part of paint is almost done. Then it goes to striper, numbering guy, air brush and back to painter for clear coat. Sheesh!

Well the sprint fell short of the finish line! Just to much a happenin'!

But I did get it home, mostly complete. The paint was finished but still needs the striping so it will get shipped out later. Now working in the wiring, and seat needs to be finished. My new goal is Thanksgiving. Luckily I live in California so I won't have to wait until spring for a ride!!!

Here's some shots from Barber:

Attachments

• photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 212
And here's some pictures back in the shopping waiting for work:

Attachments

• post barber 5.JPG
    post barber 5.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 168
  • post barber 4.JPG
    post barber 4.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 208
  • post barber 2.JPG
    post barber 2.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 164
  • post Barber 1.JPG
    post Barber 1.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 223
  • post barber - rear tire.JPG
    post barber - rear tire.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 161
  • post barber - front tire.JPG
    post barber - front tire.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 155
And the last ones for today:

Attachments

• post barber 8.JPG
    post barber 8.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 195
  • post barber 9.JPG
    post barber 9.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 206
  • post barber 10.JPG
    post barber 10.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 166
Should have some more pictures to post this week. Wiring is almost done. Paint got finished this week. Next week should "just" be bolting on the tank and fender. Hope the seat will be done this week. Plan is to show it at the IMS show in Long Beach the weekend of 12/6.

Coneeng, can you rework a MX aluminum tank to fit a stock XS frame? Petcock[s?] up front

We don't do that kind of work but there are a lot of fabricators out there that could. I think my tank is a MX360 but I believe other tanks are very similar. As soon as mine gets here from the painter I will take some decent photos, especially the tank, and post them up. I believe that these had the petcocks in front to begin. We had actually discussed moving them to the rear to easier reach the carbs but I like the look in the front. Got some cool racy petcocks too.

Getting close to finished! Come Monday hope to bolt on the seat and make a couple last minute alterations. Showing at IMS show Long Beach next weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 215
IT'S FINISHED!!!

Wow, I can't believe how long it has taken! If you at the IMS Long Beach show this weekend it will be in the J&P Builder Show.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 210
Here's a few more pics.

Thanks to all the great people that helped out!

Fabrication of frame, exhaust, all kinds of misc cool stuff - Ben Boyle, Benderwerks, Atlanta, GA.

Engine - Dean formerly of Atlas Cycle, GA

Paint - Donnie Reeves, Southeastern Motorsports, Marietta, GA

Pinstripe, artwork and lettering - Bill Abrams, American Auto Body, Marietta, GA

Wiring - Lossa Engineering, Long Beach, CA

Electrical Components - Dime City Cycle

Exhaust Components/Muffler - Cone Engineering

Fork Brace - Gordon Scott Engineering

Tires - Chris Carr

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 195
Last pictures for now.

This is the oil breather tank I dreamed up. Hoses come from engine, filter at top lets it breath and petcock at bottom allows you to drain it without making a mess. Now that was an effort! It mounts to a bracket at the rear engine mount.

Attachments

• catch tank.JPG
    catch tank.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 173
The bike is being shown at the International Motorcycle Show, J&P Builders Showcase. Because the tire is so large I have to pull off the wheel and at least one fork in order to install the brace. Didn't want to do that with the looming show deadline.

Last edited:
Back