Stupid newbie question on brakes

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
The brake hose from the master cylinder, can this be bought as a roll of hose and cut to length from an auto store???

I need to replace mine and didn't want to buy it as a complete part.

While you can buy stainless brake line KITS with special fittings most buy pre-made hoses. Many aftermarket vendors will make a hose to fit your bike. There is a thread here somewhere on the "roll your own" hose kits.

Don't know the Aussie regs but in the US there are SOME DOT approved stainless steel lines.

Ok there are some S/Steel hoses and kits available in Aus that do meet the standards.
Have sent emails to a few suppliers and awaiting their comments
Yamaha Australia has no stock so aftermarket is my only option.

In general if the brake hoses need replacing is their any other associated parts that need to be replaced at same time.

I know that often if you replace a part you need to replace others in the system even if they show no signs of wear. Due to the replaced part being new makes the other parts in question the weak link and may cause them to fail……….

Did I make sense?……..It did to me……..

Also anyone know which models have the round brake fluid reservoir, it is shown in the climber manual, mine all have rectangular ones. Are they interchangeable? I like the look of the round.

Back