Suggestions for a sport touring style half fairing?

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
As previously posted, we did a pretty long trip on Sunday, altogether I rode around 300 km or near 190 miles in 3-6 degrees C. Not too warm as you can imagine. That had me thinking about fitting a frame mounted half fairing, something like the FJ600 or 2nd version of XJ900, or maybe a Laverda RGS.
You understand what I mean. A sporty touring fairing that allows regular low handlebars with 30-50 mm rise. Generic windscreens are NOT to my taste :)

You might want to check out Airtech, they have body work for almost any style of fairing you can think of: http://airtech-streamlining.com/?gc...9Pu3Ro4yo5Y-yqc2ZohT3IMz5HWvbflgaAo6oEALw_wcB

A lot of their fairings are racing oriented, but they do have some traditional styles as well...and their vintage stuff is really cool. You'll need to make custom mounts and such, but would be a cool project.
Yes, I have checked out Airtech already. The closest seems to be this "CCF"
CCF_2.jpg
BMW fairing.
http://airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagefairingshalf.htm

You might want to check out Airtech
Funny Brassneck I was just on their site this morning thinking about Buell tank options, a few Buellers have used them and are happy. But there's gotta be some euro based glass folks. Can't imagine shipping big fragile glass cross the oceans.....

Funny Brassneck I was just on their site this morning thinking about Buell tank options, a few Buellers have used them and are happy. But there's gotta be some euro based glass folks. Can't imagine shipping big fragile glass cross the oceans.....
Yes, there are some in the UK, and some in eastern Europe, like Hungary and Czech, but it is 99% racing and cafe racer stuff. I ride quite a lot, and live far north, so need something practical. I guess i have been at 71N on a bike .

Anything you can do to keep the wind off your mid section at speed will do, doesn't need to be tall.

I found a NOS Vetter Ghost fairing which gives full front coverage, at least to the knees. Apparently when Vetter went out Slip streamer picked up their design and they sell their version as the Spirit but it's not as tall or long.

Attachments

• 20190521_214443.jpg
    20190521_214443.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 159
Tim,
That actually looks better than any other clear screen I've ever seen! Must be perfect for a Special.
But I am more towards the cafe/ sport touring look, so a more conventional half fairing, or a classic quarter fairing is what I am after.

Back