Wanted - Super Narrow Trees

Also...it's days later and there's still no pics of all this work you've done to back your mouth up.

Wonder why?

Sar0z7vSgDhcLp2JugBdwg

You wonder why?? I am not on here trying to prove anything.

Villalobos was selling his for $395, and they are very legitimate in my opinion, come with a stainless axle too. I think $550 is steep. I wouldn't pay that. $395 isn't cheap, yet I would pay it if I had the money because I think they are worth it. You pay for quality... I know what its like trying to produce something and make a profit on top of it, so if a guy is willing to put in the time to design and build the parts and put together a kit, I'll pay what he asks.

Look, let me just sum this whole tard fest up real quick so I can get back to doing something productive. Like sleeping.

I'm gonna ask you to post pics of all your "builds" to show that you know what you're talking about when you criticize other peoples work, and you won't reply to that.

I'll ask you to post examples of my work that you think is crap and explain what's crappy about it, and you'll avoid a response.

I'll ask you to tell me what YOU think people should be charging for custom work, and you won't have an answer because you don't really know anything ABOUT that. I'd call you cheap, but you can't be... you paid a premium price for every part of that bike you've got there. lol

And then you'll respond with some anger laden boner rant about how I'm an asshole, you'll pretend like you speak for the whole forum (many of which have PM'd me about how hilarious you are), and you'll add me to your list of people to angry spank to again for the next few days, when in reality you're just upset because you know you're an overgrown child who doesn't deal well with being disagreed with or called out on your BS.

And that's the way it will go for hours.

Well, it would if I cared to engage any more of your mental retardation. Which I don't.

But I understand that you're a little mad.

eversincerobhalford.jpg

Get it? A little?

Last edited:
Villalobos was selling his for $395, and they are very legitimate in my opinion, come with a stainless axle too. I think $550 is steep. I wouldn't pay that. $395 isn't cheap, yet I would pay it if I had the money because I think they are worth it. You pay for quality... I know what its like trying to produce something and make a profit on top of it, so if a guy is willing to put in the time to design and build the parts and put together a kit, I'll pay what he asks.

I also think $550.00 is way steep.

I still haven't heard from Byookanun what the price SHOULD be given his massive experience in the CNC and bike fields, but I can tell you this: The $395.00 figure isn't far off.

I mean, granted, they should be cheaper because it's not like those of us who do this kind of stuff have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of machinery that we have to pay for in order to be able to build things for people.... right? ;)

But yeah, I think your price you find reasonable is right in the ballpark of it. And to be honest, with the proper manufacturing techniques, there's still some meat on the bone where the profit makes it worth while at that price.

After the prototypes are run I'll be posting some pics up. And then if people want them, they will be available in small quantities to certain people.

They're being made for XS's, Irons (33.4, 35 and 39's) and brits.

[Consider just the time alone in gathering specifications and measurements for all these different bikes. But yeah, they should be cheap...:laugh:]

Metal Wizard you got any pre fab pictures I could see. If you don't want to put them on here send them to DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
I have made some years ago for stretched CB 750 choppers but with the stretch they handled bad at high speeds. Very cool look .
KEEP CHOPPIN
Rich

I'll post this pic. This is the original set of prototypes just to check fit and stuff.

These were for an ironhead.

The design on the prototypes that will be used in fitup tests is different in a few ways, but this gives an idea.

So, as much as byookanun would like to live in a dream world where no trees are being made and I'm completely full of shit, it's not a reality.

cb2d793a-f475-4ba8-85f0-5a023f2bf903_zpsniamyslb.jpg

And since I'm sure Byookanun, in his amazing tactical deniability, will probably claim that's some pic off the net, here's this. :D

75a0ca5a-9e18-4833-9b13-f674e9354bfd_zpsbtimnbyk.jpg

;)

[Byookanun, I hope you realize I'm just busting your balls.]

You really can not come up with a sale price until you get a couple made and test the product. It could cost you $1000.00 in labor and pieces to make the first one but that's not the price. I have made and sold many parts for bikes and sometime you got to shit can it because of the final cost. I made mid control pegs and they cost more to make than you could sell them for then another vendor who had better equipment picked them up and made them at a fair price and I stopped. I make harnesses now and break almost even but I do it because I like to build stuff. If anyone ever did a harness on there bike it takes hours not minutes if I had to put a price on it with all my time nobody would buy. So I hear you on taking small steps and making sure your product is good.
But this is a thread to help not make 7th grade slurs at each other and like I said before BUILD WHAT YOU WANT BUY MAKE IT whatever just get your hands on it and do most of the work to say I BUILT IT.
END IT this does not look good for either of you. SORRY
Rich

Being in business to break even sounds like a bad business plan. You gotta diversify and branch out for profit my man.

I'm in a position where I don't have to deal with customers who are obviously going to be a pain more than they're worth. I turn down more work than I take on because non bike work ($10,000-$70,000 contracts) keeps everything afloat.

I just do the bike stuff because it's fun and I get to deal with good people. Well, usually. There's always the other apples in the bunch.

Anyhow, I think my involvement here in this thread is done. Clearly Byookanun has shit to say to anyone who disagrees with him, and his past threads about things show that. It's all been said.

Like I said, that $395 figure is close. If someone needs trees contact me. Might be willing to make some for the right people. :thumbsup:

No don't get me wrong.. I am retired and just having fun money not a need. I owned a Honda Dealership three chopper shops and two Tattoo Shops and I made money HAHA
I have built over 100 bikes and equal for motors. All my shops made money so they all ran easy. I hear what you are saying now I could care less if I make a profit . I just like to stay busy. You young guys need to fend for yourself in this crazy business world. Why do you think so many shops closed or going to have to close ??? They is just not to much profit left if you spend 10 hour making something that you are selling for $300. My labor rate today is $65.00 hour and it takes me 1 hour for HARNESS KIT.
2 1/2 hours for full harness with switches. So I sell the harness kit for $55.00 I lost money...The full harness for $125.00 I lost money again?????
I do it because I LOVE BIKES and want to see young guys build cool stuff.
If you get into business and get greedy it will bite you in the ass and you will fail.
When you get one built I would love to see it but don't forget stops or the will go past the point of no return and have tank slapping. Was suied in 1982 because of a springer with no stops that made the guy crash at high speed. Narrow is cool looking but can be a challenge for unexperence riders.
BE GOOD BE SAFE
KEEP CHOPPIN
RICH

The quote I got for $550 was from Villabose but he is too busy to get to it right now. He said if I could wait till he was in a better position to produce some he would cut me a deal but I have no idea how long that will actually be. Old School Speed told me they would have a set ready for me soon for $495 and I told them to bill me on paypal and I would send them the funds, never heard back from them. Doesn't really matter to me who makes them...I will buy them from who ever makes them first and so long as they look good which I have no doubt they will if from billet and machined properly. :thumbsup:

Back