Trade - Suzuki Savage for XS650

Jrluz14

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to trade my '87 Suzuki Savage build for an XS650 (+cash depending on what you have). Stock XS or not, I just want a new winter project. As far as my Savage goes here's what I have done:
-Front master cylinder rebuild
-Front caliper
-Front and rear pads
-Biltwell Frisco bars
-Solo seat
-RYCA mini speedo
-Cone filter/intake elbow
-Brand new jets
-Front mini LED turn signals
-Rear LED bullet turn signals
-Led brake light w/ axle mount plate
-Throttle
-Custom made motion pro cables
-Petcock & fuel filter
-Peanut tank "frisco" mounted
-Read fender & struts
-Brand new Shinko white wall tires
-Custom machined cam chain tensioner so it is fail proof, common issue on these bikes
-Custom machined billet pegs and shifter toe
-Lowbrow spot mirror
-Custom lowering/rigid struts
-Fake oil tank to hide ignition & wiring
-New battery and box
That's just naming a few things, I could be forgetting things. Local to Massachusetts only please. Text 508 8461403 or PM here

c6e4c996-0145-a2fd.jpg

More pics
c6e4c99d-f141-cafc.jpg

183c2412-4f8f-d055.jpg

183c2412-4f99-7330.jpg

Just started on a 96 LS myself. Can't beleive someone on the Savage site hasn't jumped on that. Looks good but I think I'm keepin my shocks.

Just started on a 96 LS myself. Can't beleive someone on the Savage site hasn't jumped on that. Looks good but I think I'm keepin my shocks.

They probably would jump on it on the savage site but I'm not a member so it's not listed. I have decided to keep this bike and buy an XS cash anyway. This is a great bike and I'd hate to let my first build go. Plus having a spare bike for myself or friends to ride would be nice.

I'm looking at buying two XS650s off of someone. They're both titled. One is complete and stock '78 but doesn't run (not sure why), and the other is a basket case '76 that someone started to chop. Theres a TC Bros hardtail welded on and the motor is completely torn down. This bike also comes with all the stock parts. I'm thinking I could pull the motor from the '78 and put it in the '76 hardtail frame since I don't feel like hunting for missing engine parts. Anyways, he's asking $1500 for everything, worth it?

It's not a steal deal. Mebbe 5 hundred in titled frames there.... and how much does a hardtail go for? 2, 3 hundred? So aside from those two totals is there 7-$800 left in parts?

I'm looking at buying two XS650s off of someone. They're both titled. One is complete and stock '78 but doesn't run (not sure why), and the other is a basket case '76 that someone started to chop. Theres a TC Bros hardtail welded on and the motor is completely torn down. This bike also comes with all the stock parts. I'm thinking I could pull the motor from the '78 and put it in the '76 hardtail frame since I don't feel like hunting for missing engine parts. Anyways, he's asking $1500 for everything, worth it?

It's all how you look at it. I paid $1,500.00 a couple of years ago for a nice running 76 that really just needed the normal upgrades and some dressing up. Early this year I bought an unfinnished progect that had been hardtailed for close to the same money. Titles make the difference for sure. It doesn't take much to get these bike running if they have just been put up and neglected. It really doesn't take a lot to rebuild a motor if you have that ability. I would look at it as "I could build one bass ass chopper and have parts left over. To me that makes it worth it.

Where are you located? I have a few XS's kicking around from complete project bikes to hardtail rollers. I'm in Hampton, NH. Maybe we can work something out..

It's all how you look at it. I paid $1,500.00 a couple of years ago for a nice running 76 that really just needed the normal upgrades and some dressing up. Early this year I bought an unfinnished progect that had been hardtailed for close to the same money. Titles make the difference for sure. It doesn't take much to get these bike running if they have just been put up and neglected. It really doesn't take a lot to rebuild a motor if you have that ability. I would look at it as "I could build one bass ass chopper and have parts left over. To me that makes it worth it.

That's exactly the way I see it too.

Where are you located? I have a few XS's kicking around from complete project bikes to hardtail rollers. I'm in Hampton, NH. Maybe we can work something out..
I live in southeastern MA. What do you have? I absolutely need a title to register a bike in MA. Without one it's very difficult.

I went and looked at what he had tonight. There is a TON of stuff included with the deal. Pretty much one complete bike, a hardtailed frame with all the stock parts to build another complete bike, a set of HD spoke wheels, coffin tank, and pretty much anything and everything he has kicking around his garage that's motorcycle related.

I can get stuff titled if need be. I have a 78 basket case. Everything is there besides the cam and crank. I have another complete 82 650 Special and I have a 83 Heritage with an Elswick tail on it. I'll take some pictures and see if it's anything you are interested in. My daily could be up for grabs too..

314746_4295745030988_1549733999_n.jpg

Hey I got started on the Savage last weekend. Got the forks back together -2.5" and made brackets to get the XS fender mounted on the rear (just to make it legal for this site) lol. Still have a lot of work to do but yours gives me something to shoot for.

Attachments

• mock up.jpg
    mock up.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 359
  • Fender.jpg
    Fender.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 441
Nice man it looks good so far. I never lowered my forks. I just changed the fluid to ATF for a faster rebound. You planning on going rigid?

Nice man it looks good so far. I never lowered my forks. I just changed the fluid to ATF for a faster rebound. You planning on going rigid?

No I'm keeping the forks. Tryin to lean towards the Brat style. I have a sporster style tank and I've got some wild looking powder to use on the tank. I coated the forks and triple tree black with a green metalic but you can't see the metalic unless it's in the sun.

Back