Swap Meets... Finally had a good day at one over the weekend.

Ebola Monkey

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to another Walnecks swap Sunday in Woodstock, Il. I've been to a few swaps over the past few years, and never really found anything. Sunday was different.

Second seller had a bunch of tanks. Had an older sporty tank, spotless inside, has petcock, cap, and still had some gas in it. Crappy flame job, but that would go anyway. Guy says $45, I walk away.. just got here. See another 12 dozen or so sporty tanks, some old, some new, some roached, 1 blue. Almost bought a new one set up for popup cap for $75, but didn't want to spend much, as I'm gonna have to hack it up.

Anyway, get through the whole swap, and want to check back on a couple things, then the first tank before leaving.

Check an area that filled in since we walked past, and the last guy has some XS parts.

In the last 15 minutes there I bought:

Stock XS front fender (clean)
XS fork brace (manufacturer unknown)
Battery for my kids quad (new)
Battery tender (new in package)
Lightly used chest protector for the boy
Sporty gas tank

Grand total $125

Not too bad for a sunday afternoon.

I wish I could find some more swap meets around St.Louis. The only one I know of is on may 1st over at fairmount racetrack and I'll be there at 6 when they open

went to one in grafton, IL a couple weekends ago at the loading dock. lots of harley stuff was mainly going to find some pegs for my build. first guy I talked to said 60 but I dont have to sell them so I threw them back in the box and as I was walking away he said but hey Ill sell them I was like no thanks. So I was walking all around finally found a set that I like better 10 bucks. Hey I would be interested in checking out that swap meet at fairmount with you if you dont mind me tagging along.....

The Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club has a 2 day swap meet every June in Toronto Ohio. It's always been the prime swap meet to find BSA, Triumph and Norton parts. Recently there have been more and more metric bikes and parts for sale at the meet. I have always said that you could start at one end of this swap meet and have enough parts to build a bike by the time you got to the other end of the meet. It's about 80 miles from my house, I ride my XS650 to the meet almost every year.

Here is their web site:

http://bsa-club-ov.hailwood.com/

Back