Switch to Antigravity battery from Cap blowing Fuse (20amp) (PMA/PAMCO)

calebxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I switched over from my capacitor over to an Antigravity battery. The bike starts/runs a lot stronger but now it blows fuses as RPMs rise to mid-range. This bike never blew a few before, all I did was change the battery. Voltage regulator is new last season. I redid my wiring last season as well. Running PMA/Pamco with 20 amp fuse.

Any thoughts on what could be going on or where I should look?

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Yeah if the fuse is off the reg/rec its preventing your Antigravity battery from getting smoked. Doing its job. What I do is run jumpers to a standard motorcycle battery. (These can handle high Volts, rugged.) Check the voltage at idle and higher rpms. The directions with the Antigravity battery specifically tell you what volts to not exceed. If memory serves its around 13v

Did you precharge the anti grav? And where is the fuse? Between battery and voltage regulator isn't the place. While a cap absorbs such small amounts of current over such short time frames, a blown fuse isn't likely, a discharged battery will slurp up a lot of juice, easily overheating and taking out a smaller fuse placed between battery and VR. (coming soon to a forum near you a slightly tricky blowing fuses troubleshooting tale;) .

Thanks for this, Guys!

I used this wiring diagram.

simplifiedwiring.jpg

I haven't had a chance to check the voltage on the bike yet (it's at a garage across town). Should I also move the fuse to a different location than the above?

Did you precharge the anti grav? And where is the fuse? Between battery and voltage regulator isn't the place. While a cap absorbs such small amounts of current over such short time frames, a blown fuse isn't likely, a discharged battery will slurp up a lot of juice, easily overheating and taking out a smaller fuse placed between battery and VR. (coming soon to a forum near you a slightly tricky blowing fuses troubleshooting tale;) .

I did not precharge, I took the Antigravity battery straight out of the box.

Back