Wanted - Tacho drive assembly WOE IS ME

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Wanted real bad...........:eek:
The tacho drive shaft and alloy sleeve that holds everything together has broken on my 1970 XS1...............
therefore I need to ask if anyone has a complete tacho drive assembly with sleeve available.
Please advise a price and delivery arrangements by PM. Delivery to Edmonton Canada by snail mail is just perfect.
Thanks in advance as usual.............
The Oz Slider

If you can compare part numbers to see if they are the same I should have one from a later engine

gggGary,
Im in luck...........:D
all models of the 650 twin used the same parts for the tacho drive.
The gear shaft is 256-17841-01 and the housing is 256-17811-01.
If ya have them, Im sitting up here in the [now] unfrozen north, ready to accept your PM with costs and I will spring you an address.
Thanks mate.........:thumbsup:
Al

Youre right as usual. Mine has been fitted with the later revised parts, mid '71 on. Both work, but the later part uses the male-male sleeve to allow the tacho cable to be installed.
While not technically perfect, my bike isnt concours/show condition [although Im working on it sorta] I am good with the later parts if you have them. Main thing is the drive shaft and the housing are interchangeable. Because my bike IS fitted with the later parts I know they are good to go......
Thanks
Al

Back