Take a picture of the title!

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anytime you buy a used bike, grab your phone, immediately take a pic of the title! (front and back)
At least a few times through the years that has saved me near endless grief and cost me dearly a time or two when I hadn't done it.....
Today state needed more info to complete transfer of an out of state title. THEY of course HAVE the title but require ME to fill out forms with information, you guessed it, found on the title! Duh!
not to mention if that paper gets lost before you transfer, woo baby, you're up Shlitz creek and you got no paddle.
It's fun and could be very useful someday, have someone snap a pic of you and seller in front of the bike before you load it.
the hand off.jpg
Do this, buying or selling!
Hoosier bbbBuddy!

That’s a good tip Gary! When I bought my XS2 I got it from a licensed auto dealer ( guy ran a salvage yard) he had his own front office that handled notary and title work. I was so happy to have this low mileage, documented early bike. But his office staff made one tiny clerical error. When he signed over the title to me, the mileage was printed on the front of the title, and had to be entered again by hand on the back of the title. They mistakenly entered a mileage number that was off by ONE MILE!!! And when I took it to the DMV, because of that discrepancy, they wouldn’t issue me a title with the bikes actual mileage. Instead I was issued a title with “ mileage unknown”.
There went my documented low mile original!

Back