Taller rear wheel

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Anyone ever put a larger tire on back 21" or larger
I have seen some dirt bike wheels on some bikes but do they hold up with street pot holes or just for show. I got a customer who wants 21 front 21 rear. This guy is going to beat this bike up riding in the PHILLY area and the best i found so far was a HARLEY 19" rear Disk setup. Alot of dirt bike rides come in all the time with bent rims from jumps so i am a little leary. ANYBODY KNOW or DONE it. I seen Fong Brothers VERY COOL BIKE

Should be doable. Just have to find someone with good knowledge on spokes. Find a rim with enough holes to match the hub and then it's just down to the correct length of spoke. Measure the ID of the rim and the diameter of the spoke hole patern around the hub. The depending on the # of spokes and cross pattern and these measurements you should get a spoke length. A good spoke dealer may have the calculator. 21" steel rims should work I would think. Hardtail or swinger arm? Pretty sure alot of people building the street version of a board track racer are doing 21's

Yeah i was going to use stock hubs and put new spokes in but budget on this bike won't allow that much time. Guy has big ideas but little cash. I found a SPORTSTER 19" rear wheel and may just use that. Hey if you can post some pictures of the ones you are doing sounds like they would look cool.Thanks

Back