Wanted - Tank badge (pics inside)

poorman9

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I got a new tank I'm doing some work on. I'm not sure what year or model it's from, but it's only got one badge (see attached). I went to junk yard and found about a dozen badges like these. But none like the type I'm looking for.

Attached is a photo of the one I have. Also, I did find them on ebay for $26, is that the going rate for these? Anyway, if somebody's got 1 old one laying around, I'll take it off your hands.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 78
There's at least 2 or 3 different badges used, and the difference is the level at which the mounting holes are, the one you're showing is level, others are offset...one side higher than the other. Also the spacing of the mount holes are different. It would be good to know the model of the tank that came off OR the spacing- center to center- of the mounting holes. Anybody have a couple of '78 Standards they'd like to get rid of?

No idea the year, or model off tank that it came from. I can post a photo of the tank if that helps. I'll post some measurements too.

I realize there are several different types of badges, which is why posted a photo of the one type I'm looking for.

Hey, that's my bike! These are the stock badges for the 78 standard, probably the 79 too. One of my badges is cracked, I've been keeping my eye out for some. Thought about those ones in the link above, but if I'm going to pay that much, I want them to look like new. I have yet to see any aftermarket ones like this, plenty of the other kinds...

LOL, even the internet's a small world these days.

That things cherry man! These Standard badges are sure a lot harder to find then the specials.

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it.. Some more picks I took a couple of weeks ago http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/grepper/Bike/78Standard/?albumview=slideshow

I've thought about sealing up the cracks with super glue, then repainting the gold and black by hand to get those badges looking better. I'm just afraid they'll come out looking worse.

Back