For Sale - Tank, Bars, Wheels, Front Brake, Stand

alfredo

1978 xs650 Special
Reaction score
All parts come from a 1978 xs650 special:

• white tank: some light rust on the inside. no dings or cracks. comes with rubber mounts and key. $$$ 35
  • original handlebars: rubber/chrome grips. both controls and levers. used shape. $$$ 30
  • front brake cylinder with rotor: pads look like they are in good shape. red color. not sure if it is powder coat or spray, but looks halfway decent. rotor is in good shape as well. $$$ 30
  • rear brake cylinder with rotor: pads look like they are in good shape. red color. not sure if it is powder coat or spray, but looks halfway decent. rotor is in good shape as well. $$$ 30
  • front wheel: 19". with tire. tread is really good and so is wheel. not sure if it is powder coat or spray, but looks halfway decent. $$$ 35
  • front wheel: 16". with tire. tread is really good and so is wheel. not sure if it is powder coat or spray, but looks halfway decent. $$$ 35
  • bike stand: restorable shape. includes spring. $$$ 10

P1030086.jpg

P1030118.jpg

P1030119.jpg

P1030121.jpg

P1030122.jpg

P1030125.jpg

P1030126.jpg

P1030132.jpg

P1030136.jpg

P1030137.jpg

P1030139.jpg

P1030142.jpg

P1030143.jpg

P1030145.jpg

P1030156.jpg

P1030161.jpg

Buyer pays actual shipping costs.

I'd be interested in the cast spoke wheels if I could see them your pictures are way way too big for viewing. Are the sheels straight I don't care about the finish as I will have them blasted.

Jim

Jim, what is your resolution set at on your monitor? 97% of the people who visit this site are running at 1024 X 768 or above, so the site it built around that. Do you have a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom?

sorry about the pictures. i assumed bigger pictures were better. i know i hate deciding on purchasing something in a thumbnail.

Yes I have the slide bar at the bottom, but its hard to get a perspective of the immage when you have to view a portion at a time.

Pretty much all browsers should scale the image down to 800 pixels on the longer size. Those pictures are all 3,072px × 1,728px, but there is a code on this site that tells your browser to scale them down to a max width or height of 800px. So the pictures show up to most people as 800x450. The only browsers that I know of that doesn't fully support scaling are Internet Explorer 6 and older versions. It might be a good reason to upgrade to a newer version of IE or to Firefox. You are using an older version of IE aren't you? If so, there are probably a lot of web sites out there that would look and function better if you upgrade. :shrug:

OK You shamed me into it. IE 8.0 on deck.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm always relunctent to upgrade for fear of operating issues.

:)

^ haha..

Nothing to worry about… Might be a good time to check out Firefox too. Did you realize IE 6 came out in 2001? Sure it’s been updated along the way, but it’s still old news.

A little more info on image scaling… Images here are reduced using CSS and need to be done that way to control the size of photos hosted externally. If members link to photos that are 800 pixels or less, they are not rescaled.

Since we're already way off topic here and giving Alfredo all these free bumps, I might as well mention that it's pretty much pointless to post those huge photos when they are scaled down by most browsers anyway. They also take longer to load and it might be an issue for people with dial-up. You could post smaller photos and link them to the larger ones.. See Image Scaling (Resizing) :thumbsup:

Back