Tank pinstriping skill!

I watched that with such amazement!

That demonstration of skill also served to underscore my increasing reluctance to reflexively dismiss items made in such countries as India, China, etc., as poor quality. While I confess some political/economic reticence to buy items from certain countries, I own several Chinese-made guitars that are representative of the kind of skill displayed in that video. They are immaculate, and produced by one or more artisans who obviously cared about the net result of their combined effort.

For sure... some amazing skill in that video!

TC

the royal enfield motorcycle web site actually has a section on the guys doing the pinstriping on the tanks,,, regards oldbiker ,,,, its interesting too note that since the new owner took over enfield they have re-tooled the factory set up and gone to a iso9000-9001 standard.. with polished motors /electronic ignition polished forks plus disc,,, etc..

It's amazing how he lays that second thinner stripe down right next to the fatter one using it as a guide. He runs his fingers right along side but never touches it ! Then touches them up w/ out adding any blemishes. It looks like they bring him in for the pinstriping alone, he's got some talent:thumbsup:

Bah humbug!

I reckon if I had several milena to practice I could be as good as him!......................or not.

The west may have the high tech but sometime low tech is still best.

Good stuff. My 2011 Triumph had absolutely beautiful paint. It was also hand striped and on the underside of every tank the pinstriper left his initials. It was pretty cool in this mass produced world.

So cool. :thumbsup: I guess the moral of the story is: you can do a lousy job yourself, and do it over and over until it looks "okay", or you can pay a master artist some $$, and get a job done, the first time, that'll stand the test of time. :bike:

Back