Tappet o rings breaking down quickly

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so I took my covers off to adjust the valves, had some clicking. I noticed my brand new o rings from mikes are like literally on their way to total disintegration... And they have maybe 200km on them. Any ideas? The bike runs fantastic, I actually fixed the clicking, left intake gap was out by a bit.

Yes. Gggary has nice one that will last indefinitely, but if it isn't a choice, go with gaskets. O went with Gggary Owings for my 71, but the gaskets on my 80 are just fine.

This may be a silly question, as I have some of Gggary's on the shelf waiting to go on once the motor is put back in the frame and i'm sure oil is flowing up top. But what is the major difference between Gggary's and other offerings? I bought his based on other forum members recommendation, and have not had any others to compare them to.

His are thicker than stock. I guess they seal well but the cover may not fit tightly to the head at first.

This is the gap with gggarys orings. About 1/16 maybe less? These covers are later years wich have the groove for oring.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 153
Back