tatoos

My arms are done from wrists up, over shoulders, chest, neck to waist on the back, and one leg from ankle to knee. Wish I had MC Esher! Still got a leg for it! :)

Really need to dig up some pics but left arm has a dragon with wings extending onto my chest and back and my right shoulder blade has a pair of joker cards.

Both pieces were freehand by the artist I gave him a genaral idea and let him creat his own art. I had been wanting to get inked for about 5 years before I found an artist who's style I liked and a shop that was up to hygenic standards I preffered.

The only tattoos I find funny are what I call clip art ink. Going into a shop and selecting something out of a book seems like just following the crowd. I can't picture having clip art ink on my body somewhere and describing it as a form of self expression or individualism. :wtf:

Im not up set cause some asshole wants to tat his or her face or neck, they are just limited for the rest of there life regarding a good job and respect. I guess its there life and not mine. I live near sturgis Ive seen so many tats its crazy. Do what ya want man do what ya want.

Why's it gotta be, "some asshole" when you refer to him? Probably because your online, and ONLY cause your online!

Man I didn't realize how many responses I was going to stir up when I started this thing. I just think its funny how when I was growing up you didn't see hardly anyone but servicemen with tattoos and now everybody and their grandma has one. Someone along the way must have thought it was cool all of a sudden. Remember Jonestown. One guy started drinking the Koolaid and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.
jefft

I got my 4 from Tahiti Felix and Painless Nell in San Diego. Early 1960's. They're all above the short sleeve shirt line 'cause I don't want the tattoos to be the first impression and yep, that paid off at least once. Not all gals I've hooked up with liked tattoos.
There is a woman in this area that has art scattered around her body in a very unattractive way. Her money, her choice but for me it's got to be clear, smooth and unblemished female flesh please. :hump:

Ok, maybe not the best example. However, throughout history we have seen large masses of people do things because some thought it was "ok" when it wasn't. How did it become "ok" for that many people to follow. When it comes to women I agree smooth and unblemished.
Jefft

Jefft we all are different and is what makes America great. I grew up in an era of no jewlery or tatoos or long hair. Only Hippies. I have a son that has tats all over his arms and dresses like a gangster at 33. He is an excellent father and husband. I have another son that has long hair and a scraggly thin beard. He is also a great father and husband and studys to become an Eastern Ordox Priest. I admire and love them both. Do I approve of their choices? No I do not. But again they are grown men. Take care. Tony C.

Not saying anybody is any less a person cause there sporting a tat. I mean there so common anyway. I just think its interesting how these things get started and other people get the idea that they just have to do it to because its the in thing. I see all these kids arguing with there parents at age 15 that they want a tat already. "Well mom so and so has one". Its not about artistic expression to them at all, its because their friend has one and there always asking when your going to get one. Its almost like a dare or acceptance. Its just amazes me how influenced people get with a new trend and their just not going to be whole until they do it. Its so important to some to fit in. Peer pressure I guess.
jefft

I think the best tattoo I ever seen and made me laugh was a guy who had "Mama Tried" across his back in big letters. An old Merle Haggard tune.
jefft

I agree with you and if you ask why they say it is to show individuallity and be different. I f you were a pirate in the 1600's you may have an argument. Individuals follow their own paths. Who knows the reasons. Good thread

Well, this thread is growing so I can't just "talk" about something as illustrative as Tatts!

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 204
Why's it gotta be, "some asshole" when you refer to him? Probably because your online, and ONLY cause your online!
Its not because im online haxto. Im a tradesman, Im in the field and see these ASSHOLES everyday on job sites. The majority of the people I see with tats on there neck and face are deadbeats that I wouldnt trust as far as I could throw them. Everyone has there own opinions This one is mine and no one is going to make me change my mind.

Not saying anybody is any less a person cause there sporting a tat. I mean there so common anyway. I just think its interesting how these things get started and other people get the idea that they just have to do it to because its the in thing. I see all these kids arguing with there parents at age 15 that they want a tat already. "Well mom so and so has one". Its not about artistic expression to them at all, its because their friend has one and there always asking when your going to get one. Its almost like a dare or acceptance. Its just amazes me how influenced people get with a new trend and their just not going to be whole until they do it. Its so important to some to fit in. Peer pressure I guess.
jefft
I hear ya brother!!!!

The comment was mainly directed to the haters! AKA CrustyRocket and Jefft !Bottom line tho..People going to do what they want to do with their body! whether it be artistic, cultural reasons or even if it was a mistake! Their preference their choice. Not everyone with body art is an ASSHOLE like a few on this board without! :laugh:

I was just having some fun with You Brother :thumbsup:
:laugh: I no u no I aint no hater and u no I no u aint no hater. :laugh:
so it's time for a :smoke: if my ribs can handle it :wink2:

Haha for sure I know you ain't a hater bro! Just messing with those guys! And Dayuuuum those inked ladies were bangin!!!! :thumbsup:

I was just having some fun with You Brother :thumbsup:
:laugh: I no u no I aint no hater and u no I no u aint no hater. :laugh:
so it's time for a :smoke: if my ribs can handle it :wink2:

Back