Tc Bros insert baffles

OctoberNotice

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my 4" baffles from TC Bros, it came with a coosie and a sticker.
Now that's how business should be done!

Anyways, I cut off my mufflers. Left the straight stock head pipes; they were much too loud. I'll using this as my work commuter and I'm on midnights.

With these in, it was going to be interesting, sticking out how they do. It does the trick, quieter neat sounding bike. I'll post a video sooner.

Also, I noticed since I can hear my engine now, that only the left side is backfiring and out of both sides, mainly the left I can see flames if you rev it. How do I go about adjusting this with stock carbs? This is normal right?

Attachments

• 20120421_215443.jpg
    20120421_215443.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 110
Supposed to go all the way in flush to the end of the pipe drill a hole and they normally come with a nut and bolt to attach them since they are universal.

Correct me if I am wrong but it looks as though you put the larger end in first. It should be the other way around where the smaller end goes in first and the larger end sits flush with the end of the pipe.

The only way these were fitting were the larger end first. It's a very snug fit between the inner and outer pipe. Not sure why, but it doesn't sound bad. These are only fairly temporary until I can afford the amazing work from Gordon Scott

That's because they are made to go into a 1 1/2 single wall pipe. The inside diameter of the inside dual pipe headers is 1 1/18. But, if it works for you...

I kinda like what he did with those baffles. It's out side the box,and doesn't look like everyone else. It might even work???

Back