That awesome feeling when you take the bike out on its first test run...

NewestOnTheBlock

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Been helping my bud build a xs650. Pretty much from spare parts that he and I had, plus whatever we could find on craigslist. The beginning was rather smooth cruising, just assembling and what not. but the last 2 weeks have been a absolute struggle, carb issues, leaks, etc...

Well today we put in new spark plugs, looked it over, and took it on its first test run.

The bike ain't pretty (yet), it doesn't ride to well (yet, plus its a hardtail). But its running consistently and seems like we have worked out the kinks.

Definitely had the biggest grin on my face.

Big thank you to all those who have helped. And to all those who are struggling through their builds....keep at it, its absolutely worth it. :bike:

Just think. As long as the bikes not running correctly, its telling you something needs a fixin.
The biggest problem is when you dont know what its trying to tell you -_-

Just keep an eye on all of the bolts. I am still having to tighten and replace bolts after the build from the vibration.

hell yea dude! on a side note: come on, lets get some photos up! on frkymnky's note: lock washers and thread lock are always a good idea on any bike.

first rides are great! Mine was so awesome, when I pulled it back in the garage, I forgot the kickstand and dumped it running! Laughed my ass off!
Literally Rolling On Floor Laughing!!!

Back