The 1 Show -- PDX

sseres

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
just down the street from here and my forum buddy, LAWRGJ is the last day of The 1 Show. Free to the community and a great showing. Some really amazing xs650's (although none stock that I saw). We pulled up together:

full

once when we arrived, and once when we were leaving, these doods came up to Gordon and were SO EXCITED to see a clean, stock xs standard (is there a BARF emoticon???) and could have cared less about my clean special. It's ok, I'll be excited about my bike. :laugh: It was pretty funny. I told his wife, who came with us, that I felt like the ugly girl at the prom.

Anyhoo, here's a shot of what I think might be inspiration for the overall look for my bike:

full

Don't see one in my immediate future, but it was great to see in person.

This was an AMAZING rebuild/mod on an 82 xs650 that was given to a guy in honor of 21 years in the US armed forces. The detail is what got us. Every piece (even the stoopid TCI unit) was shiney like a mirror. There were some really nice touches to this bike (as well as all the bobbering they did) including running the breather tube down the suspension. The workmanship is NOT captured in this picture:

full

overview of the show:

full

Great day to own a motorcycle :thumbsup:

Back