The 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2022 Handbuilt Motorcycle show in Austin, TX

More XS650s.

2018-Handbuilt-XS650-01.jpg

The XS2 of the Faster Sons story.

2018-Handbuilt-XS650-02.jpg

2018-Handbuilt-XS650-03.jpg

Another "you had to be there".
Reversed head Triumph, saltflat racer.
On your knees, toes tucked in the wedge.
Some sort of hydraulic shifter.
The flat flanges on the front fender and elsewhere are mount platforms for the streamlined body (not shown, unfortunately).
2018-Handbuilt-26.jpg

Squeeze that exhaust pipe in there...
2018-Handbuilt-27.jpg

Thanks for the photos. That XT500 of DB's from a couple years a go is great too, missed it before. Very pleasant styling and interesting concept (gold plated trail bike). I saw lots of older bikes in great shape being used as daily drivers down there.

I believe there were seven XS650s in this years show, which is a record, and probably made the XS650 the most represented bike. Last year, there was only one XS650. A couple of this year's XS650s (and others) didn't really belong -- they were just nice stock bikes with different wheels, forks, seats, etc. This show is about HAND-BUILT bikes, from garage builds to professional builds, but SOMETHING should be cut off and something else welded on, at the least.

Here are the gallery pics of the XS650s. Hit the thumbnails, and then right-click and hit "view image" and they open into very large pics.
1.jpg

2.jpg
TwoManyXS1Bs missed this one. A KLR650 inspired XS650. With top luggage rack and side pannier holders. A spare gas can is attached to the left-side pannier holder.
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg
So, that makes a total of six XS650s in the show.

Yeah, it's hard to tell the garage queens from the riders.
And, I totally missed the "KLR650 inspired XS650".
Busy place. A lot of photog types there. Trying to get a shot often requires (as Marty puts it) "herding cats".
We also saw txrenegade's "Buffalo" bike in the parking area, but it was crowded by a couple guys pointin' at this 'n that...

Back