The 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2022 Handbuilt Motorcycle show in Austin, TX

This could be a hoot to ride.
Turbocharged V8 trike.
2019-HBS-Other-01.jpg

Imagine a terrifying land-based jetski.

The front suspension swoops around the left side of the front wheel.

And, whattya know. Indian brought a few of their new FTR-1200s to the show.

DogBunny standing behind one, to give an idea of size.
2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-1.jpg

The dealer marketing label.
2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-2.jpg

More FTR-1200 pics.
2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-3.jpg 2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-4.jpg 2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-5.jpg 2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-6.jpg2019-HBS-Indian-FTR1200-7.jpg

Last edited:
This was a very busy weekend in Austin.

The Formula 1 races are running at Circuit of the Americas.
2019-CircuitofTheAmericas.jpg

And the hotrod show, Lonestar Roundup, is happening.
2019-LonestarRoundup.jpg

A 1.5 mile stretch of South Congress (known as SoCo) becomes a hotrod cruise boulevard happening. Dogbunny and I hop into his vintage '74 El Camino, and cruise the strip.

This isn't his, but the same model.
1974-ElCamino.jpg

Some examples of SoCo activities and cruising, from a few years ago.

I just saw this post. That RK Concepts Bearing Cycle just makes me want to go out in the shop and "Drill More Holes" I love it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This one caught my eye, a very unique build.

20220409_HBS10.jpg

A very narrow V-twin, with 2 independent turbochargers tightly tucked in there.

The builder said that the engine is a '38 flathead bottom, with modern heads/cylinders, modified so that the sidevalve lifters would actuate pushrods to the heads.

20220409_HBS11.jpg

There's a lot more going on in this thing, just hafta spend the time studying it all.

Yes, this has been a busy month...

Sorry I missed you, @TwoManyXS1Bs! I was there on and off throughout the weekend.

Christian’s flathead is an absolute work of art. Everything is thoroughly thought out and most things serve multiple functions. The kickstart lever is the rear brake arm, the carb support bracket is the petcock, the frame is the oil housing and oil cooler. And the heads being hand made is stellar. Beautiful piece of engineering!

Kawabunga, what mufflers are those? I assume they are Cone Engineering? Looks great with those big SS pipes.

Back