The 2018 Smoky Mountain Dogwood Rally

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
650-Flyer-2018.jpg
The 2018 Smoky Mountain Dogwood Rally will be held 20-22 April 2018. Shine up that XS650 and let's ride.
2006-41.JPG

I have booked Cabin 5 this morning.
Thanks Marty for the reminder - there will be lots to see with XS650's and vintage 2 strokes!

Last edited:
Bumping this up, XS650's and vintage two strokes - what could be better?

Anybody else from Southern Ontario going to this rally? I have booked it and will either be riding my FJ-09 there or taking my XS650 in the van, with room for one other similar size bike, probably leaving April 18.

Attachments

• SAM_5456.JPG
    SAM_5456.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 228
If the rain don't fall and the river don't rise, Ann and I will be arriving Thursday P.M. at the Quality Inn in Dahlonega (I don't pay 2-star rates for a cabin with no amenities and a walk to the bath house/crapper).

The Quality Inn still has vacancies, in spite of the Bear on the Square festival; it's a short ride to Suches.

Nice. Paint might be same color as mine, "dark cherry metallic". Looks like fun but I always avoid crowds, egos, and expenses. Would be fun to visit for a few minutes sort of thing :)

Thanks. It is almost a match for the 76 factory color, just a bit deeper. PO had good taste.
Long range weather forecast is predicting a sunny weekend for the event.

So I have bowed to common sense, given that the ground was white here this morning and weather for tomorrow and down the I-75 for most of the first riding day looking damp or at least cold. Cancelled my reservation at Two Wheels so it has a new cabin vacancy probably for an hour!

^Were you going to ride an XS from Ontario to Tennessee? You have my respect moreso than a certain person who rides a BWM or Royal Star everywhere more than a mile away.

Bumping this up top - it is getting closer and spring riding weather has not yet come to S-W Ontario.View attachment 116651
We got an inch of snow last night.
Perhaps us continental Far-Northerners could begin to consider planning an alternative or additional Meet-Up N' Ride event in June, perhaps, at a spot such as the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania. I have toured and notated on my map numerous gorgeous, winding roads.

endless-mountains.jpg

the-little-grand-canyon-of-pennsylvania.jpg
400x225.jpg

Back