The great 2M BBQ hunt

Mmmmmmm.......ribs and bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers!
E6E9300E-A1F4-4AD4-8DC0-5316A84B4B6B.jpeg

And the poppers. Funny how I get invited to parties and the invitation is immediately followed asking if I will bring my poppers. I don’t mind though as it’s my favorite to cook on the smoker. I just always make extra so I can leave some at home for my wife and I.
A4BABC8D-44AC-43A8-849D-7517D23052EE.jpeg

Is Franklin's in Austin what it's cracked up to be or is it hype?

My brother recently went to TX on a BBQ tour. They ate at 5 or 6 places in a couple days. He said all were very good, but Franklin's was hands down far better than all the others they had. They arrived at 6am to wait in line for lunch and said he would do it again in a heartbeat.

It was the same way with the line about seven years ago. I guess the calculus says it's better to have the line than to make more :)

Have not been to Dickey's so have no opinion. I like Buzzy's. The only other Cooper's I've been was the one in Junction. Not the same.
Franklins. Very good but I prefer the Salt Lick. Plus it's a much nicer ride to Driftwood thru Wimberley and Blanco on the FM roads.

54°F this morning (?!!). Warmed up to mild 80s.
Lunchtime, how 'bout something a little different.

Buffalo burger.

View attachment 146058

Looks like regular ol' beef greaseburger, healthier, a different taste.
Takes a bit longer to prepare.
Something about removing Sioux arrowheads...

What? How in the world are you getting temps that low? You’re still in Texas aren’t you?
And about that burger, no photos? You can make us envious without photos!

By the way , when I was riding in Cave Creek yesterday, I was looking for a BBQ joint and couldn’t find one, so I stopped at my usual haunt Big Earls Greasy Eats. As I was leaving I looked across the street, set back a ways.
A BBQ joint! :doh: Doh!

Each country has its culinary specialty (UK - fish & chips, Canada - beer, INdia - curry, Italy - pasta, etc...) but from my experience, there’s no doubt about it - for great BBQ, ya can’t just beat the good ole’ USofA.....especially for ribs!

upload_2019-7-25_20-44-44.jpeg

Last edited:
Back