The guy with the motorcycles

Hey Now I have to of those! Well unless you are a "Real Harley Guy" who does not recognize a Sportster as being a "Real Harley"!
And if any one tries referring to me as Scooter Trash I'll tell them "No that's my wife she rides a Vespa!"

And don't get fooled about the 278cc's of the Vespa, while you are shifting through all those gears she is doing nothing but ..

I signed up at 62 because:
a. I was eligible,
2. longevity is not a family trait, and
iii. If I didn't get out of the job I was in I was either going to stroke out or choke the life out of somebody.

Taking a little hit on the size of the SS check seemed like the smart choice...

Right on, DE!!! I 100% agree, for all of the above reasons, especially #iii. I no longer exist in a pressure cooker environment (retired, end of February. Best decision I ever made.), and the only person I have to answer to now is S.W.M.B.O. (she who must be obeyed) Time, gravity, death, and taxes are not in our favor, so get 'em while you can. We ain't gettin' any younger! Pedal to the metal! :rock:

Last edited:
I retired at 62 also. The company wanted to go from a 5 8 hr day week to a revolving 12 hr 7 day week.
It was getting to be hard just to make it through an 8 hour day. The day they wanted to start was on Sunday the 20th of last January. My birthday, what a present.
The last day I worked was Friday the 18th.
The SS checks ain't much so I have to watch my spending a bit closer.
I don't miss the place at all, do miss some of the people.
Leo

I had a nice long post all typed up to describe the circumstances under which I quit my last job, but it boils down to this: I wasn't kidding about stroking out. One particular co-worker (cow-irker?) got under my skin so bad I wound up in the ER with a blinding headache and BP of 200 over 1xx.

The next time she pushed my buttons that bad, I quit on the spot.

I was going to go this coming summer but my wife is retiring this June and I’d always heard that it isn’t good for both to retire at the same time. Also, we’d like to help our kids out with their mortgages a bit so I’ll work one more year to get that done - at which point, I’ll be 63.

I retired last year at 55. I am on a pension so getting paid to not go to work. After I retired they announced a buy-out for eligible employees. Guess who was still eligible? Got a nice check for telling my bosses to F the F off. LOL.... Retirement is pretty awesome.
Oh, and I'll take SS as soon as it's available because it's money they have been stealing from me since 1977 and I wouldn't trust those thieves as far as I can throw them.

Back