1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

The guy with the motorcycles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mailman, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Scripto VU

Scripto VU Dukes Speed and Custom

usa.

2. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

Right on, DE!!! I 100% agree, for all of the above reasons, especially #iii. I no longer exist in a pressure cooker environment (retired, end of February. Best decision I ever made.), and the only person I have to answer to now is S.W.M.B.O. (she who must be obeyed) Time, gravity, death, and taxes are not in our favor, so get 'em while you can. We ain't gettin' any younger! Pedal to the metal! :rock:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim, azman857 and 4 others like this.
  3. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Took early SS retirement at 62...now I am fully retired..been collecting 5 yrs...Glad not to have a boss anymore....enjoying life sans the ratrace...:smoke:

Jim, 59Tebo and Mailman like this.
  4. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

I retired at 62 also. The company wanted to go from a 5 8 hr day week to a revolving 12 hr 7 day week.
    It was getting to be hard just to make it through an 8 hour day. The day they wanted to start was on Sunday the 20th of last January. My birthday, what a present.
    The last day I worked was Friday the 18th.
    The SS checks ain't much so I have to watch my spending a bit closer.
    I don't miss the place at all, do miss some of the people.
    Leo

59Tebo, TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim and 2 others like this.
  5. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

I had a nice long post all typed up to describe the circumstances under which I quit my last job, but it boils down to this: I wasn't kidding about stroking out. One particular co-worker (cow-irker?) got under my skin so bad I wound up in the ER with a blinding headache and BP of 200 over 1xx.

The next time she pushed my buttons that bad, I quit on the spot.

TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim, MaxPete and 3 others like this.
  6. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I was going to go this coming summer but my wife is retiring this June and I’d always heard that it isn’t good for both to retire at the same time. Also, we’d like to help our kids out with their mortgages a bit so I’ll work one more year to get that done - at which point, I’ll be 63.

59Tebo and Jim like this.
  7. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter

I retired last year at 55. I am on a pension so getting paid to not go to work. After I retired they announced a buy-out for eligible employees. Guess who was still eligible? Got a nice check for telling my bosses to F the F off. LOL.... Retirement is pretty awesome.
    Oh, and I'll take SS as soon as it's available because it's money they have been stealing from me since 1977 and I wouldn't trust those thieves as far as I can throw them.

Jim, MaxPete, Mailman and 1 other person like this.