the hosres ACO

Irish_prick

master of the cut'n wheel
Reaction score
so im build'n a XS650 for the ACO this year i got in the last min. and im jacked up to build a slick vintage bobber/drag bike for this! im go'n to be build a 6 out 4 down hardtail bobber with a 23" honda front and a 18" xs2 drum rear wheel, the head is go'n to be flipped so the carbs(amal 930's) will be in the front like an old trump dragster i will put up some pick when i really get work'n. rite now im wait'n on some parts(the hardtail from lowbrow) so i can get the frame done and start work'n on twist'n the head around.
some of the cool part i'll be use'n
66 M50 hd moped gas tank
amal 930 carbs
muand velocity stacks
and maybe an old 70's springer (have to find yet)

1966 M-50 with gas tank :laugh:

Attachments

• Oct13^93.jpg
    Oct13^93.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 268
i got one for it that i'd sell cuz it's ugly and i got a friend hook'n me up with a custom one he's do'n just for this build.

i just got a 1940's BSA grinder frontend for $200 :D that is go'n to look sick with a spool'd 23" d.i.d. rim. missed the 70's springer idea by a mile but i think it'll look better with the amal carbs

orignial caps are rare seen them go for $100 on Ebay

got my intakes in 2day :D
dual Amal to xs intakes from Greensand foundry they make some really good look'n covers and other intakes for Xs650's check them out if ur look'n for some
1121111618b.jpg

Nice shit there prick! Enough material there to drill and tap for vacuum barbs? I would guess the Amals dont have them? :cheers:
Oh yeah, whats a ACO?
Posted via Mobile

the Horse Magazine's Amateur Chop Off (bobber or chopper mag)and they got the vacuum barbs just not in the pic

Nice shit there prick! Enough material there to drill and tap for vacuum barbs? I would guess the Amals dont have them? :cheers:
Oh yeah, whats a ACO?
Posted via Mobile

got the frontend (1940's bsa b20 girder) this week got to clean it up and short'n it up bout 16" but its already been cut on so i done feel bad about it
1124111430a.jpg

Contact info for Greensand foundry? Did a few searches and found a lot of parts on peoples builds, but no info on the manufacturer.
PM sent

got to work of my stator cover and shifter last nite they've been trimmed drilled and ballmilled to save some weight. they need work but there look'n good
1128111830.jpg

1128111824.jpg

got my hardtail in its a lowbrow loop 6" out 4" down long and low to go with the whole dragster hotrod feel of the bike the hd/nigthhawk frontend is get'n swap'd out for the bsa girder next weekend i just had to see wat she's go'n to look like
1204111907.jpg

i got the hardtial fully weldded on threw some tires and a frontend on it. the m50 tank is out it's to small so im go'n to build a new one, now to the front switch out the downtubes for a single and a new neck so the bsa girder fits

DSCN0289-1.jpg

it's pretty low in the pic partly cuz of half flat tires and the tri.trees are set to low. that will be fixed!

why Amals? They aren't that interesting to look at, IMO... though I guess there are plenty available since many Triumph folks dump them

edit: are you going to gusset the toptube/downtube/neck junction?

Last edited:
How much weight you reckon we saved here on the shifter and cover? Rough estimate.
jefft

Last edited:
not much with the cover be'n aluminum but i like the way it looks and i also minimized the extra lbs by not use'n the levers and cables it would take to run the stock set up.
less is more and every little bit helps!

How much weight you reckon we saved here on the shifter and cover? Rough estimate.
jefft

why Amals? They aren't that interesting to look at, IMO... though I guess there are plenty available since many Triumph folks dump them

edit: are you going to gusset the toptube/downtube/neck junction?

yep there will be gusset added (got to make them) As for carbs it was ether amals or a trick'd out S&S superb with an accel pump. but the super b i think is go'n on another XS im build'n. there are a few reasons i went with amals. Amals r just the kind of carbs no one wants. brit guys put XS carbs on there bike in the hope they with make it run better but if they just knew Amals thay wouldn't have to do this. so i'll use the Crappy amal carbs on the "knock-off triumph" just to be diffrent and to make purest on both sides thow up in there mouths alittle. i was go'n to use monobloc amals but i got a great deal on the 930s so i pop'd on them. and also to kind of poke fun at another builder here in town that put some on a ironhead digger a few years back for the ACO and couldn't get it to run and ride.( i live in a small town where everyone works on there own bike so theres alot of friendly ribbing)

right on. My T140 has 930s. I don't mind them though they can be somewhat of a bitch at startup. Once running, smooth and responsive. good luck with the build.

Back