The Mona Lisa Phenomenon

Nice group photo there, YamadudeXS650C.
I guess the lines blur between "collection", "museum", and "dealership".

If you survive that, I propose a followup experiment:

Place a set of cylinders in the oven.
Act VERY nonchalant. Record the findings.
Endure the aftermath.
Then, crawl to the ER.
(Well, my experience anyway...)
I have a sense that 2M married a redhead, too ;)

There`s always a Mona Lisa moment in my garage. Like a wife she watches every move I make.
View attachment 101364
Thats cool that you have Mona in your garage. And is that James Dean above the door?

I've always found Mona to be a bit dark and haunting, so 40 years ago I chose Vermeer's mystery lady to make daily eye contact with:

002.JPG

...and Kate Bush, who defines beauty, in my opinion.

004.JPG

...'dude, I don't know who is in the photo above Mona Lisa - but I can assure you that she isn't James Dean...:geek:

...'dude, I don't know who is in the photo above Mona Lisa - but I can assure you that she isn't James Dean...:geek:
no, no, I said above the DOOR, Pete.
You've got a fixation on those breasts, don't you ? ;)
However, I will admit that I have one or two risque female items on my own walls....:devil:

Above the door is a pic of Al Pacino from Scarface. The compressor room in my other shop has a pic of Ray Liotta from Goodfellas. "As far back as I can Remember I always wanted to be a gangster" and "Say hello to my little friend" are words you can live by from roll models you can look up too. Or not?

Above the door is a pic of Al Pacino from Scarface. The compressor room in my other shop has a pic of Ray Liotta from Goodfellas. "As far back as I can Remember I always wanted to be a gangster" and "Say hello to my little friend" are words you can live by from roll models you can look up too. Or not?
If I was locked up in a cell for a year (don't get any funny ideas, Pete) and was allowed to watch only one film over and over, it might be Goodfellas. Love to watch Liotta sweat over that spaghetti sauce with the Feds hovering over the house in helicopters.

There was a Goldie Hawn / Kurt Russell film some years ago where his 13 year old son was looking at a PB or PH magazine -- and when he got to the centrefold, he exclaimed, "Now them are tits!"

;)

Has anyone else had this experience?
After a few beers, you amble into the garage, and have this sense that the bikes are looking at you,
and in fact are following you ?
....maybe it was the beer I was drinking (Founders All Day IPA) ....

View attachment 101291
Nice looking bikes!. Noticed they all have 2 mirrors,add missing mirror to my list of mia parts.

Thanks for the compliment. Its been a lot of sweat and hours to restore and maintain these bikes. But it is a love affair.

Mirrors: Lots of guys swear to finding only one to be sufficient, and just as many say that they don't even use them. As for myself, I keep track of the activity in both my mirrors to a high degree, being a defensive driver. I intend to be riding my bikes well into my 80's, and 90's if at all possible.
tumblr_mlps0zdxoO1rl1zk0o1_500_zps2859631f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. Its been a lot of sweat and hours to restore and maintain these bikes. But it is a love affair.

Mirrors: Lots of guys swear to finding only one to be sufficient, and just as many say that they don't even use them. As for myself, I keep track of the activity in both my mirrors to a high degree, being a defensive driver. I intend to be riding my bikes well into my 80's, and 90's if at all possible.
tumblr_mlps0zdxoO1rl1zk0o1_500_zps2859631f.jpg
That guy looks feisty. Thats what I'm morphing into. Hope you get there.

Back