The Official Texas Thread

two hardtailed, one brat, and one hackjob brat. I beleive all my stock frames are built or sold though.

sold a tuned, running 1981 motor w/ rebuilt carbs and a 1978 roller for 1500 the other day.

All right a Texas thread! I'm in Frisco, so north Dallas. If anyone needs any help with anything send me a PM. I can turn a wrench, and have been working on cars since I was just a little kid. As soon as I get my truck running again, I will be happy to offer any roadside help in the Dallas area, I just got stranded on a hot ass day out here with my truck, with no one to call but a tow truck. As long as I am not in class I can pick you and your bike up, or drop off gas, or bring what limited tools I have. Also anyone know of a good powder coating service in the Dallas area? Can wait to get my XS on the road.

I'm Fort Worth born, put in a few years in El Paso, a few decades in San Antonio, 3 stints in Austin and what seemed like a life-time of two years in Uvalde. My heart's in Austin but the rest of me is in Puget Sound.

I wrote these words to the Neil Young song "Helpless"

There is a town, North of San Antonio
Straight up 35
In my mind its the place I go
When I want to feel Alive.

Austin, Austin, Austin
on the Texas Colorado
Austin, Austin, Austin
and the Cosmic Armadillo

Hook 'em Horns and HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Any of you guys in the Dallas area know of any junk yards or wear houses that someone has a bunch of old bike parts in?

I'm pretty sure I've settled on a peanut tank for my new build...but I wouldn't mind giving a few other style tanks a good look over up close and personal before I pull the trigger on a peanut.

http://www.batescycle.com/

Bates cycle
14007 North Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75234
(972) 620-0929

302 East Buckingham Road Garland, TX 75040
(972) 495-5205

They used to have tons of used stuff, haven't been there in a long time, so i'm not sure what they have now.

I ran across another one over in Kennedale at business 287 and 820. There is a sign on the gate that says he has closed because he had to get a job where he got paid for his work. LOL Another sign says to leave a note on the gate with what you are looking for and if he has it he'll call back. Lots of whole bikes sitting around, tons of exhaust and wheels and stuff sitting around too. I left a note, maybe he'll call?

Let me know if he calls...I'd love to make an appointment if I need too...ride over and just kinda see what would or wouldnt fit on my bike...

She will be finally up and running here soon...The plan is to make sure all the mechanical issues are solved before I venture into customizing my ride for the build off =).

Danny I'm just a little north of you in Las Colinas if you wanna ride some time.

Let me know if he calls...I'd love to make an appointment if I need too...ride over and just kinda see what would or wouldnt fit on my bike...

She will be finally up and running here soon...The plan is to make sure all the mechanical issues are solved before I venture into customizing my ride for the build off =).

Danny I'm just a little north of you in Las Colinas if you wanna ride some time.

I'm down to riding my Roadstar Silverado right now. I'm about to pull the motor and do an overhaul on my XS along with a couple other things. I've been going to bike Rallys on the weekends since the weather has gotten cooler. Got another one this weekend in Groesbeck TX. Rode six hours down to Bandera TX two weeks ago, that was a blast, lots of nice scenery on the way. Took the back roads all the way.

Back