The Official Texas Thread

If any of you are in the Dallas area, you could always team up with me for the build off...that way you could sorta feel like you had a bike project, without the financial obligation lol

I went to the trouble of sending you pictures of two different titled frames 3 months ago in October. In return, I got nothing. No counter-offer, no "thanks for your time," no nothing.

I went to the trouble of sending you pictures of two different titled frames 3 months ago in October. In return, I got nothing. No counter-offer, no "thanks for your time," no nothing.

cant say as I remember, though Im not saying it didnt happen.

My name is Joe and I live in Arlington, tx. I am going to school at UT Arlington, currently trying to get this 1980 xs650 up and running.

Here the little town of Denton tx north of the big "D" lived here for over 40 years. Love the area.Go to Huston,Austin. Very nice to get anywhere around Texas.on my xs650 bobber.

Prayers go out to my friends, family and neighbors dealing with the aftermath in City Of West, Texas.

full

Hey critic, welcome to the forum!

Those 'bars' are clip-ons. Try using forum search for 'clip-on' or 'cafe' or 'handlebars'. Lot of 'em out there.

This is Steve, in Fredericksburg (actually 12 miles west, in the middle of the woods).
Watching a herd of whitetails ravaging thru my cat-food. These guys always show up for a handout...

Awesome, thanks!
I somehow managed to get myself into a situation already.
So in the process of taking off the sissy bar on the bike my buddy managed to break the stud in half while tightening the nut down. (it looked pretty rusted) This is in reference to the bolt on the right rear shock (the pic below is a reference not actually my bike)

http://www.fullertronic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/after.jpg

Is that bolt/stud welded to the frame? Looked like it could be, in which case what are my options to fix that, ugh

Tellya whatcha do here, critic,
This particular thread was started by Jimmy, so's us Texicans can say a simple 'howdy'.
Whatcha need to do is start a new 'thread' concerning your new ride.
Title it something like: 'Bought new bike, what do I do now?', or something like that.
First, an 'intro' post would be prudent...
Best thing is to research the massive info on this forum, use the search engine.
Search simple terms first, like 'frame', and start with the oldest posts, more info there.
Good luck!

New guy here from booming metropolis of Josephine, Texas in Collin County. New to this forum and starting my build. Got myself a '75 650 B that I'm working on but may be a little out of my league. I have never worked on a bike before. Had a friend that was suppose to help with getting the bike running again but so far, I think I will have a better chance of winning the lottery or having someone sign over a brand new truck to me free of charge. lol For the most part the bike is in good shape. I'll have to post a few pics here soon.

Back