The Patience build.

While cleaning and beginning to go over everything I’m seeing the upcoming need for repop parts. What’s the best source for new rubber and associated incidentals? I’m also going to have to make a decision on the fenders as the chrome is shot. Beags I know you said you may have a rear fender and tail light but what about a front fender?

This was in my last parts haul. Should clean up decent
100_0719.JPG 100_0720.JPG 100_0721.JPG

Gimme a shout when you're back in town

You’re the best! I’m sure I can work out that front fender. Maybe do some horse(parts) trading with somebody on here.

Decided to get as much completed product off the floor. The goal is to complete my roller before I go after the engine. It feels good to put things back and you don’t have to wear gloves to keep your hands clean, you wear them to keep the parts clean. LolC224FCCE-D9B1-43D4-A871-F402CE5F4595.jpeg1634E2F4-7C7D-4398-A230-6A0D0B9AC5BC.jpeg
Tackling those wheels next. I want to see how the walnut sheets work.

Something I always do is replace the plastic inner fender Phillips screws with hex head bolts. They're easier to tighten and loosen with the wheel in place. I use stainless bolts and polish the heads .....

gwjYNu2.jpg

Another good place for a polished stainless replacement is the front tail light bolt .....

UavNSVX.jpg

Oh, I see that now, lol. Neat little low cost mod, and really needed too. I use grommets from the HF grommet kit.

Tried the Walnuts with no luck. Those wheels are going to have to be taken apart no matter how bad I don’t want to. Aside from the obvious(Mike’s) what is a good, reasonable source for spokes? I was also looking in the tech section concerning neck bearings and really didn’t think it explained the process very well. I’ll look into that a little deeper. Hopefully there’s something on ytube.

How bad is the rust pitting on the crash bar?

Jim I’ve got one I just took off my 77. Almost identical. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Back