The season of mud is here!

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For our gentle southern friends; that's when the snow is melting but frost is still in the ground. Result is a constantly changing layer of soil that is the consistency of chocolate pudding, it's resting on glare ice below,, treacherous and messy to the max. It looks like lawn or path but is about as easy to cross as quicksand. You cannot comprehend how heinous this stuff is unless you've experienced it! To make us feel better, the roads are in full frost heave mode with areas of loose sand, salt everywhere......... Ice where melting snow has run across shaded pavement also lurks. :cautious:

An example,
20190319_064457.jpg

that's frozen on my driveway this morning. The arborvitae create a dense shade spot that freezes the run off from melting snow banks.

An example,
View attachment 137134
that's frozen on my driveway this morning. The arborvitae create a dense shade spot that freezes the run off from melting snow banks.
Will not be long before you have to cut yard 2 times/week in spring. And the people that grow grass yards out here in west spend lots of time trying to get it to grow.

mmmm.. we don't get snow but I love frost especially in early winter , slows the grass growth right down and allows for more bike riding and less mowing , only trouble is early frosts means a bad bushfire season

For our gentle southern friends...

Haha, try 'splaining that to my varmints and wild hogs.

Yeah, I remember that melt/ice/melt/ice tease.
You can have it.

Been hearing reports of predicted record melts, followed by flooding, in the states south of you. Folks along the Missouri and Mississippi rivers, look out...

Will not be long before you have to cut yard 2 times/week in spring. And the people that grow grass yards out here in west spend lots of time trying to get it to grow.
I'd probably go with a nice arrangement of cacti, wild flowers, and maybe some broken down jalopies.

Attachments

• Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 250.jpg
    Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 250.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 052.jpg
    Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 052.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 249.jpg
    Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 249.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 105
  • Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 243.jpg
    Seattle Trip, Leavenworth toWhitefish 243.jpg