The USA is a big place!!!!

The Europeans came over here and erased all the history. There were 90 million people here, and they had been here for centuries. Most of them did not survive. The Christians brought them liquor and venereal disease.

Marty,
Thank fuck the English did not move over to your luvely country back in the day,,,or you would of really been in the shit :D

Leslie

My family is a real hodgepodge: Scottish and British on my dad's side (and I thought the Scots and Brits hated each other! :laugh:), German and British on my mom's with a big helping of Cherokee Indian two generations back. Talk about mutts. The story goes that there's some Spanish on my dad's side too.

Get this: one of my ancestors was named Don Juan McQueen and is moderately famous. http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2012-07-08-1

I live 3 miles from the US border, my wife and I have travelled in one day thru Washington, Oregon and stopped in Northern California ---on bike Portland to our home is a day trip at speeds not exceeding 70 mph, 7/800 mile day trips are common--maybe not on the XS650

I am 1100 miles from my XS650, I'm in Maine, it's in Kentucky, and it's another 1100 miles to my home in Texas. It's 800 miles from Texarkana, Texas, at the Arkansas border, to El Paso Texas.
As far as things to see in the US, I'll never need to go anywhere else. The Grand Canyon will hypnotise you.

Glacier National Park in Montana will make you believe in God if you do not already.

http://www.luxq.com/wp-content/uplo...eberg-Lake-Glacier-National-Park-Montana1.jpg

As far as things to see in the US, I'll never need to go anywhere else.

I used to think that. Then I started traveling. My boots have walked every continent except Australia, but I'm sure I'll get there. The Rockies are huge until you see the Andes, but once you've seen Central Asia...... It's a big beautiful planet, and I'm one lucky guy who gets to see it. I never dreamed I'd be doing this. I still love my corner of Appalachia. It is best of all!

Now cut it out! It's January and the "road trip itch" was starting anyways..........

Wife and I throw a futon in the Sprinter van and head out for three weeks now and then. Saw the Hobbit the other night, makes me want to head to New Zealand.
Would love to go see some other parts of the world but it always seems like there are too many things that need tending around here to be gone for that long. AND a lack of shekels. Crossed the country on a bike a few times, might have one or two more trips like that in me yet. I love Kansas, once it's in the rear view mirror, LOL That's the problem with going west from here, two days of nothing before you get to any interesting parts.

13583-400x500.jpg

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Those mountains are a bit big. Tien Shan mountain range.

I'm definitely feeling the wanderlust coming on, need to get out on the bike and get some miles under my wheels again ;)

Essex me too mate,,,might pack my picnic box and go on a adventure far far up north to deepest darkest Yorkshire the arsehole of England :D when the weather gets better

Leslie

Leslie isn't Yorkshire just up the road to you though? LOL
I should be heading up that way myself in May, I'm planning on going to the Streetfighter Riff-Raff party in a pub up there :)

Essex,
I live on the North Notts and the Republic of South Yorkshire border.

I have just got a thing about Yorkshire, don't like the place and 99.9999999% of Yorkie s are big fat useless cunts. but the Biker Yorkies are OK.

Leslie

13583-400x500.jpg

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Those mountains are a bit big. Tien Shan mountain range.
Those mountains are just gorgeous. The Alps around Bad Tolz,Germany,Austria and to Italy viewing from the air are just breath taking, snowy peaks with little lakes nestled up top.

Wow, those mountains! I love mountains but Ive never seen any 'in the flesh' apart from when I overflew the Alps a couple of times..
Its mountains Id visit if I had the time & money ..:(

I have just got a thing about Yorkshire, don't like the place and 99.9999999% of Yorkie s are big fat useless cunts. but the Biker Yorkies are OK.
lmao

Essex,
I live on the North Notts and the Republic of South Yorkshire border.

Leslie

LOL Yeah I've been there and know what you mean ;) I have had some great times with the bikers up there though :)

My Brit uncle once said "we can go there but it's quite a long drive." It was 1.5 hours each way.

My friend and I did Philly to Key West and back. That is a long drive.

Yes, this place is big.

~ Derek

Back