Thinkin about starting an xs club in portland

yes, let's do this thing. How about earlier Saturday or sunday anytime? Meet up somewhere and ride in together and LOUD

Okay, even the best repair guys have an off day now and then. Without trashing anyone in a public forum, I'll just say that 3 people in the metro Portland/Vancouver area have really disappointed me in the past 3 years.

So who IS good locally?

For engine work in general... who really knows the XS650 motor for overall maintenance and maybe a tear-down/rebuild at some point?

Thanks in advance for leads.

I avoid the shops. all the things I've ever figured out (including the engine rebuild) was by reading here, friending forum-mates, and usually just going for it with a wrench. The exceptions will be mounting tires, and I did get my engine beadblasted and the cylinder overbore/hone done by the fine guys at the Napa Auto Parts on NE 9th.

I know a guy in salem that does great work. He only does top end though. PM me and ill see if he minds if i pass his info along. He's a solid guy that works out of his barn on his property.

Okay, even the best repair guys have an off day now and then. Without trashing anyone in a public forum, I'll just say that 3 people in the metro Portland/Vancouver area have really disappointed me in the past 3 years.

So who IS good locally?

For engine work in general... who really knows the XS650 motor for overall maintenance and maybe a tear-down/rebuild at some point?

Thanks in advance for leads.

I found out just last year about The One motorcycle show... a few days after it was over.

Then I drooled over a couple beautifully photographed The One books at CC Coffee, and I've been anxious to take in the show ever since.

So who knew we'd have snow on the streets on the opening day this year? And more dumping as I type this on Friday afternnon. I figured it would would probably rain at least 2 of the 3 days, but I'm definitely not riding now!

Any insiders here know the status of the show at this point? Was it already sort of ready to go? Either way, I'll drive there on 4 wheels to see whatever there is to see.

I hope most of the exhibitors made it. Such a cool idea - so NOT American Chopper.

Their instagram @the1show says "The show will continue as planned" with hashtag #the1snow
See you there!

Thanks man. I appreciate you sharing the info with those of us know little/nothing about instagrams & tweets. I'm on a tall, steep hill and the snow's coming down hard, so I'll wait until Sat eve or Sunday (or at least hold off tonight until the "commuters" are done playing bumpercars). See you there!

Wife and I are attending the show this year as well.

Been looking forward to it for too long to let the snow stop us...I just hope they still get a good turn out.

We're going to head down Saturday morning, hopefully the traffic wont be too bad on I-5 by that time. :confused:

Wife and I are attending the show this year as well.

Been looking forward to it for too long to let the snow stop us...I just hope they still get a good turn out.

We're going to head down Saturday morning, hopefully the traffic wont be too bad on I-5 by that time. :confused:

Excellent turnout actually!

I went there from 8:00-10:00. What's not to like about a couple hundred really cool bikes, mostly older? Excellent people, pizza, beer, good band and very interesting women. I've always liked chicks who photograph motorcycles!

I think I'll go again tomorrow or Sunday.

Pretty much all the brands, some surgically impeccable, some muddy. At least a dozen XS 650's, several really stylish Triumphs and a nice looking Vincent, too!

Excellent turnout actually!

I went there from 8:00-10:00. What's not to like about a couple hundred really cool bikes, mostly older? Excellent people, pizza, beer, good band and very interesting women. I've always liked chicks who photograph motorcycles!

I think I'll go again tomorrow or Sunday!

Outstanding news...thanks for the update!

Very stoked for tomorrow now. :thumbsup:

Okay, winter was depressingly long, wet and windy. So I drove a lot and only rode the scoot a few times since October to "blow the gunk out of it" as Bill Cosby used to say.

As decent weather becomes more frequent and predictable, I'm going to get back to stopping for a weekend morning cup at See See Coffee on Sandy. Maybe some of you other XS650 riders will drop by too so we can compare tech tips/resources and swap tall tales about our amazing riding prowess.

Hope to see you there.

Okay, winter was depressingly long, wet and windy.

C'mon, it wasn't that bad.

oops2014.jpg

Has there been any meet ups lately? I just got into a 73 tx650 and have been slowly rebuilding the carbs and replacing a few parts here and there. Still not road worthy but close to it!

Is there still a good group that meets up every once and a while? Im looking to cruise this site and maybe pick some brains on a 73 tx650 that ive had for a few months. I've started tearing down my bike for an engine top end rebuild and getting an engine gasket kit due to a good leak.

Okay, I've had a lot of other stuff happening on weekend mornings all summer with my GF, camping, boating and RC planes. Not busy with any of those tomorrow morning Sunday 10-05, and it's going to be nice out. So I'll ride over to CC Coffee (16th & Sandy) for breakfast and a caffeine buzz.

Always cool bikes coming and going there, but I've not yet seen another XS650. It would be good to compare notes with others. In fact, this is my year to downsize and sell/trade away a lot of stuff, including the stock parts I took off my bike.

If you also ride an XS650, swing by mid-morning!

Did this ever happen have an 83 i just picked up would be cool to fine some people I can have a beer with and turn wrenches plan on going with a brat style bobber gresham Oregon here

Back