For Sale - Thinning the herd

Cafefill

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
It's gotten to the point where I have decided it's time to thin the herd a bit. I have a few bikes here I'd like to part company with to a good home. So- here they are:

First is an '80 "Special Two" that I built as a "concours quality resto mod". It presents as a really nice roadster, but deviates from stock so far it would never score in a stock class at a show. It did, however, earn best of show at a local event several years ago, just on fit and finish. This was a frame up restoration, nothing was left untouched. The top end was rebuilt with 1st oversize pistons, and the motor still fires on the stock electronic ignition. Most of the chrome was rechromed, and all aluminum was polished.
P5010065.jpg

This is a turnkey, ride it anywhere bike. Asking $3000 firm, and IMHO worth every penny. Here is a link to my Photobucket album on this bike, showing most of the restoration:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/philipmtaylor/80XS650 project/

Edit: Price reduced to $2700.

'79 is sold

'75 is sold!

I'll be happy to answer any and all questions the prospective buyer my have about these bikes, but please, no tire kickers. The bikes are in Hortonville, WI. Getting them home will be your own doing.

Thanks for looking.
Cafefill
philcartay@aol.com
920-740-6140 cell

Last edited:
Nice looking standards! Decent prices also. Good luck with the sales and bump to the top.

I love the 75' that year just seems to have everything going for it, Do you have another set of mufflers for sale for a 75B?

Home from Barber, and back to the real world. So- to answer the questions:
The '75 has 16,501 on the clock, which I'm going to assume is accurate.
The only mufflers I have for the '75 are the ones on the bike and the two pair shown in the Photobucket pictures. I did promise the best two to whomever buys the '75, but that would leave two pair up for grabs at that time.

Thanks for the interest. At least this gets me a bump to the top again!

Thank goodness you're not closer to the Northwest...I'm running out of room in my shop for 650's and that '75 is really speaking to me!!! ;-)

If I didn't have a 75 It would be MINE! There is just something about the 75' they just got everything right with that year.
I don't know why but I have always thought of the 650 as the first series 70-75 then the 2nd series, don't know why.
I have owned them but I just never fell in love with the 76-80 like I did my 73 and 75, with the 75 being by far the best
out of the 8 or 9 of them I have owned.
I'd still like one of those other sets of pipes.

I was just going from this post, I don't follow every conversation on other threads. I just went to the top of THIS thread, where he was selling his bikes from. When I have sold things in the past showing an interest has taken a back seat to a direct request. Perhaps things work differently here.
But I honestly didn't know there was an offer to buy from what I saw.

Back