This is the most breath taking video!!! Riding is dangerous!

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
If this video does not move You nothing will!
A lot of this mayhem could have been avoided!
Ride like YOUR LIFE depends on it!
without further adieu
NO PRISONERS!

wow. I mean, some of them are just plain ridin' stoopid. Some get run over by cars, but are they riding too close? Is there a way to say that any accident is always the rider's fault, and if that's the case, what can be done to keep out of these situations? Haunting this is!

I always think I'm being safe... did these people?

Didn't watch the whole thing, too depressing.

What I DID see was a lot of lane-splitting, riding much too fast for conditions, and just generally riding like a 'king moron. In those cases, it's just Mother Nature cleansing the gene pool, no sympathy whatever from me.

The bulk of the rest of them were cage drivers not seeing, not looking and in some cases the biker not being prepared for that.

If you want to survive long term, you have to ride like everybody out there is a complete idiot just waiting to do something stupid in front of you.

Because most of them are...

You're right downeaster, Depressing all right. Not to inspirational. Don't feel like riding after that. I couldn't imagine watching an hour of that. It's like watchin dead bodies all day.
I realize that happens all the time but some of those guys are just plain idiots.

I agree very brutal.
I think a reality check is a good thing.
I also think that the younger, no fear riders so see this.
maybe not the whole thing hell I didn't even get through the whole thing

If you drive like an idiot, with to much speed, lane splitting, and dis-obey traffic rules, you will spend time in a hospital and maybe worse.

This should be mandatory viewing for new motorcycle drivers.

Yeah I had to quit watching but it does make you think. If you are on a bike no matter who's fault it is, you lose. I have crashed a few times and been involved in accidents and quite a few near misses. Some my fault, some deer related and some stupid driver scenarios. It is also amazing how many walk away's and light injury results there were in the video.

I am posting a link to this in a "I don't want no stinking front brake" thread.

Great vid, I had to watch again , still didnt reach the end tho'....
It made my daughter cry & now shes worried about me riding!:doh:

Yes that can get ya killed for sure.
Today I was doing some errands.
and I hit the few roads in my area that have some good turns.
I was going through a S curve when a girl comming from the other direction was in my lane about halfway . I was going about 10 over posted speed, and my eyes were looking right at the front bumper.I eye checked her then looked a little to the right of her rear bumper, leaned a little more never even burped the throttle. seemed to miss her by a mile but it was only 3 or 4 feet.

Last edited:
Ive been to the I.O.M dozens of times over the last 35 years, Ive actually witnessed 3 fatal crashes, one Dutch (I think) woman sidecar passenger was decapitated only 50yds away from me , her husband carried on racing for a mile or so before he realised what had happened!

My brother was killed there whilst competing in the TT in 1997 (Russell Waring, RIP):(

..Wont stop me going there though, its the best & most dangerous race there is !

Back