This is wierd

pregrid

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Every time I click on the thread "0-rings head cover?" my computer locks up. When I exit this site the little box that contains the first few words of the thread that you get when you put your mouse arrow over the link stays on my wall paper and the only way to fix this is to restart my computer. Has happened a few times over the last coupla days and I just tried it 4 times in a row and the result was the same. WTF? Anyone else have this problem. Every other link here works just fine.

That's really weird.

I can view that thread without any problems. I'd check your computer for malware. Also, try it in a different browser and see if it still happens.

pregrid, Can you open that thread now? Also, what operating system are you using?

Yes, and I'm using Internet Exploder. After downloading Malwarebytes I went tothe thread and it opened with no problem. Then when I clicked on this thread a small balloon (the best I can describe it) popped up at the bottom right of my computer -pretty sure it was the MB icon-not sure it was quick -said something was detected and my computer locked up again. Went back and tried the same scenario and now everything is fine. Strange shit.

Yes, and I'm using Internet Exploder. After downloading Malwarebytes I went tothe thread and it opened with no problem. Then when I clicked on this thread a small balloon (the best I can describe it) popped up at the bottom right of my computer -pretty sure it was the MB icon-not sure it was quick -said something was detected and my computer locked up again. Went back and tried the same scenario and now everything is fine. Strange shit.
OK , make sure you run a scan with Malwarebytes every day or so. Download the upgrades every time and, make sure you keep your pop up blocker set on high . That works for me.

10-4, I'm just curious why only the one thread shut down my computer. I'm by far one of the least tech savvy people in this world so if someone could enlighten me that would be cool.

Maybe you have a virus and not malware. Download a trial antivirus program and run that too. I would still try a different browser like firefox or chrome. Do you have Windows XP? Vista and Windows 7 are leaps and bounds better about virus/malware prevention. Also what version of IE are you using? If it's older like 6 or 7, they are vulnerable as well.

I think my malware thing catches a lot of stuff . Every time I run it there is 3 or 4 trojans and some root thingys that get removed .

I don't know squat about computers either. And now all the kids have moved out if mine screws up I have to wait for one of them to come for a visit. On the plus side, I got all my garage space back, hence the XS project .

Back