Tool: Wazzit ?

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought a '67 YR1 350 and in a box of parts was this tool, apparently a foot-operated axle nut wrench. However, it has an inner-placed round sort of socket which I can't figure out the purpose of. Ideas ?

tools.lift 001.JPG

tools.lift 002.JPG

I'm thinking other sized socket type tools locked into that extra circular part. Or, could it be a lug wrench, combination jack handle?

Scott

It looks like a homemade RV jack crank handle. To handle both drive types, hex socket, and bayonet, like this:

View attachment 103474
Aha ! Methinks you're onto it, 2M. It didn't actually belong in the box of parts, but might have coincidently fit the YR1 axle nuts.

I'll check in a minute to see if it fits the lugs on my trailer, and if so, I'll throw this into the trunk of the car..

Yes - but the photo isn't taken from the correct angle to tell if it is a BCS, Whitworth or Metric version. Of course, the metric version only fits the current production Brit Bikes and they also need to special electronics module for a complete repair.

Yes - but the photo isn't taken from the correct angle to tell if it is a BCS, Whitworth or Metric version. Of course, the metric version only fits the current production Brit Bikes and they also need to special electronics module for a complete repair.
No, I believe you are thinking of a Spammis wrench, Pete.
Kind of snooty, but effective.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back