Trailer to Pick Up XS-650

slowgoin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am about to leave Korea and hit the states. I have to pick up a lovely XS-650 in PA, and haul it to NC. If it is put in corner to corner would a 4X6 trailer get the job done or do I have to go with a 4X8??

I just measured the over all length of my 73 TX750 and it is 86". That should be fairy close. I would get the bigger one to be safe. I'm assuming you're renting a trailer.

I'm sure someone will be along and give you a measurement of an actual 650.

If you are renting a trailer then just rent the bigger one. Most tgrailers are 4x6 or 5x8. If you are buying a trailer then think about using it for other things. If you do the bigger one will be a big plus.
Leo

If the load is too long put a stinger under it.
In this case a 4" piece of 3/8's channel 8' long.
Lay it on the floor roll the bike up on it. The weight up front will support the hang over.
If you plan on using the trailer for anything else buy a 4 x 8 so a piece of plywood will lay flat. Never know when you might need to haul some thing besides a bike.

here is my '81 in the back of my tacoma. had to have the tail open but had plenty of straps to keep it down. i've also rented trailers from uhaul. $25 per day and they are really nice.

bike.jpg

I just measured the over all length of my 73 TX750 and it is 86".

with the 4x6 the diagonal would be 86 1/2". If you could actually use the whole diagonal and the 4x6 was accurate....

If there was a big rent price differece between the two trailers I'd get the smaller one and put the bike in there taken apart :)

with the 4x6 the diagonal would be 86 1/2". If you could actually use the whole diagonal and the 4x6 was accurate....

If there was a big rent price differece between the two trailers I'd get the smaller one and put the bike in there taken apart :)

Or you could let the air out of the tire's and gain some room. :D

Actually my number may not be exactly the same as a 650 either.

Thanks guys. I am gonna go with the 4X8. I am going to buy it, but using a car to pull it so was just looking at what would be best. After seeing it in the bed of the truck I know i need the bigger one with all the spare parts i have.... Thanks

Back