Trex's XSIV

Trex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got a good start...many parts on the way and being made.
XS650003.jpg

120233.jpg

phone11-15061.jpg

231403.jpg

phone11-15069.jpg

phone11-15071.jpg

phone11-15072.jpg

phone11-15073.jpg

phone11-15074.jpg

Thats My bro PapaRick's XS next to mine. Much more to come as time allows.:bike:

Is that a spare bedroom turned into your shop in the second and fourth pictures?

Good start on those bikes.... Those bars are pretty crazy.

...back in the days we cut a hole in the lounge floor so we could do oil changes in the rain and quietly kick back with a smoke and some good soundz

I'd be hung drawn and quartered if my bikes came any where near the house,the closest I get is when there is a postal package on the side for me, then I don't open it and leave it there for a day or two just to really annoy her.

When my girl came over the first time..she walked into 3 bikes in the livingroom. I said "what do you think?" She said "those are bitchin! You built those? I think I found the right guy" I said "Thanks..you can stay..I think I found the right girl"

- lived in a hippy house many years ago - the house itself was 5 floors designed around the old british upstairs-downstairs concept...anyway the lower kitchen was huuuuuge...we had a bsa bantam spray painted shocking pink standing in the middle used to hang strings of onions off-came home one night to find the whole house and a midwife gathered in the kitchen using the bantam as a birthing chair (i happen to know that the kid was made on that bike too)

Narrow as I could get them...got a couple mini guages going in front of that space. Just wide enough to be comfortable. Got the frame tacked together and axle spacers made today. Got a rolling chassis. Now to take it all apart and weld it proper:thumbsup:

Never even thought about the gauges! See I would have made them narrower, then when it came time to mount the gauges been like FUCK!! :doh:

Got my oil tank modified ready to mount. Got my mufflers grips and lights in this week. Put on my harness boots leather jacket and jeans and went down to the the fabric store to scare lil old ladies today.LOL
Spent an hour staring at lace samples to add some flare to my paint job. got 5 diff types to play with. Sometimes it hard to figure out how to materialize the visions in my head.

Did you get those hardtails all welded in then? What kind of oil tank do you have? Using it for an electrics box or for a battery?

I ordered the oil tank kit from bung king...using it for electrics and making a new battery box from scratch. I got a set of grips with a simple throttle with tensioner to eliminate all the switches. I'll work those in later. Key start and kill...kick is primary. some momentary switches for the signals later(if I use them). Have a complete dual disc system for the front and have to fab up a mount and actuator rod for the hydraulic rear master.

yep..originals..NOS norton muffs...got some 1970 throttle and grips on Ebay too. Love to use original or reconditioned vintage parts.

Got my bat box floor pan fabbed today and my brake stay and bracket made and installed for the rear caliper. Spent all night welding on my buddys CB500t hardtail project. He does custom leatherwork and is gonna do a badass seat for me later.

Back