trike

I saw that Ducati at a NABD Rally (National Association of Bikers with Disabilities) here in the UK just last summer.
Here is a link to their site
http://www.nabd.org.uk/
An excellent organisation & great rallies. :thumbsup:

I'm getting closer to having all my parts together for my XS650 trike. Using whats left of my 1980 frame, an HD Servi-Car axle, a newly obtained 1980 XS650 motor. Plan on adapting some rear disc brakes from a crown vic on the rear and no front brake.

My favorite Trike which would be easy to make from an xs. If I recall correctly this one used a servi-car rear end and sold for 8k on ebay.

http://bikerscafeblog.com/2010/08/05/mid-mo-mc-triumph-trike-as-good-as-it-gets/
http://bikerscafeblog.com/2010/08/05/mid-mo-mc-triumph-trike-as-good-as-it-gets/

bobbertrike1-540x405.jpg

I've seen that trike. Was built buy a guy nearby in Columbia Missouri. That will be the stance of mine and the same rear HD axle and disc brakes. Mine will have bigger Gragar car rims / tires. Mostly to keep the gear ratio right it takes a pretty big diameter rear tire. Cool trike!

I have built a couple so if you do it and need info just ask. I have found that the best rear is a BANSHEE they hold up great and will go 80/90 mph with out a hum. I also build Street Quads Too that may be better for him.Here are a couple pictures and some of them are on YOUTUBE. First one is a CBR 600 OUAD with TRX front and rear and the funny thing was the rear after i put 10" into it fit like a glove. We had this bike up to 140 then it got hairy the other is a KZ 1000 trike I will have to see if i got more pictures it run Crager mags CHEV. The nice think with the BANSHEE rear is you cut it short and use CHEV hubs and weld them up and you got a strong short rear and it stops with the banshee brakes . I have done about three frames that way and one is a sand dragster and all hold up. Both are running around STATEN ISLAND NY GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD

Attachments

• quad small.JPG
    quad small.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 262
  • kaw small.JPG
    kaw small.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 268
That's my favorite too. One mistake and your leg hits the tire and you are ROAD KILL
I LOVE IT ONLY WAY TO RIDE and a two stroke that will rev till the cows come home.
I forgot about that picture got to go look for a H1 or H2 that has plenty of power if not FAST BY GAST here we come. I drag raced a H2 and it comes so close to having SEX but you can't hear for days HAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh:

0 to OMG!! in .001 sec .... If you don't flip and burn

I have built a couple so if you do it and need info just ask. I have found that the best rear is a BANSHEE they hold up great and will go 80/90 mph with out a hum. I also build Street Quads Too that may be better for him.Here are a couple pictures and some of them are on YOUTUBE. First one is a CBR 600 OUAD with TRX front and rear and the funny thing was the rear after i put 10" into it fit like a glove. We had this bike up to 140 then it got hairy the other is a KZ 1000 trike I will have to see if i got more pictures it run Crager mags CHEV. The nice think with the BANSHEE rear is you cut it short and use CHEV hubs and weld them up and you got a strong short rear and it stops with the banshee brakes . I have done about three frames that way and one is a sand dragster and all hold up. Both are running around STATEN ISLAND NY GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD

I'd like to see more of the second one.....please.

Yeah i had alot of pictures of the KZ and my computer took a crap and i lost 5 years worth of info. REALLY SUCKS.
But i will try and see if i can find some and stick them on.
End of this year moving back to NY so maybe i will get it back and get some good shots.
It has Chevy Crager mags KZ1000.00 motor Dyna Ignition 21" harley wheel 3" exhaust on both sides and sounds mean as shit.

I searched for a Banshee Rear diff last night and got a few good pics and I think I know how to mount it; looks super easy!

Hmm, who knows, maybe a Bobbed XS trike is a good idea; very different.....

Back