Trikes: mad inventors art.

Being a Farmall guy here is a trike I would like:
Farmall Trike.jpg

I'd post a picture of my little BN but it is the one with dual narrow front wheels. There was a version like this one.

trikes2.jpg

engine displacement (CC): 1600
fuel: gas
odometer: 200
odometer broken
transmission: automatic

VW Trike 1600cc, VW engine, mostly new transmission, automotive tires,$1800 in new parts. Runs/drives has never been titled. Buyer will need to title.

Call only will not respond to text messages.

It asks the question……For the love of God! Why???? :laugh2:
Well I may have come close to doing something that would fit this class years ago.

I played with the idea of converting the XS650 sidecar outfit I rode to work to electric power. Plan was to use a starter off a diesel engine and have a few lead acid batteries in the sidecar. Only thing stopping me is I could not find a cheap and easy way to come up with a variable speed control for a DC motor. Would need a top speed of 55-60 mph and range would only have needed to be 5-10 miles as I only live a couple miles from work.

Now that I'm thinking about it again wonder if I could use one of the variable speed drives from a zero turn mower and let the electric motor run at a set speed?

If you can't have a trike how about a diesel?
View attachment 196077
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mpo/d/milwaukee-1981-yamaha-diesel-xs650/7346103964.html

Diesel motorcycle 406cc's 10hp single cylinder. top speed 55mph. cvt trans. put together in 2011. The propane cylinder is used to help clean the exhaust lasts about 50 to 55 miles of driving but is not necessary to run. Cash only, no trades. $2500
Tommy Pollard built one that looked like that years ago.

At least they used the ugliest parts they had: Buckhorn bars, K&Q seat,.
Once you've been hanging around this forum for awhile, you come to realise that the buckhorn bars and the K&Q seats are not universally hated.
In fact, a number of members like them and use them on their bikes.
And we have an unwritten rule that we don't ridicule each other's tastes.
This can also be regarded to be as aspect of basic Human Civility, that is, caring for one's identity, needs and beliefs without degrading someone else's in the process.

Last edited:
Well I may have come close to doing something that would fit this class years ago.

I played with the idea of converting the XS650 sidecar outfit I rode to work to electric power. Plan was to use a starter off a diesel engine and have a few lead acid batteries in the sidecar. Only thing stopping me is I could not find a cheap and easy way to come up with a variable speed control for a DC motor. Would need a top speed of 55-60 mph and range would only have needed to be 5-10 miles as I only live a couple miles from work.

Now that I'm thinking about it again wonder if I could use one of the variable speed drives from a zero turn mower and let the electric motor run at a set speed?
My brother builds small boats with kids in an "inner city" youth program. There is an electric boat completion and he found a guy who machines roller bearings into where bushings were for GM starter motors. The little boats they build go 10-13 mph with a single starting battery.

On Madness in Madison traffic today, spotted a VW trike several cars ahead of me at a left turn only stop light. Kept an eye on it as the light changed. Brrrat first, banged second, the front came up hard :yikes: (on a trike you're going straight once the front comes up. :eek: throttle chop, front bangs back down. :shootme: I can pretty much see it's an extended with tweak bar (say Japanese 750) raked out front end. He didn't break anything and kept going. I didn't try to catch up to him.
That's all.

Back