Turn flasher circuit question

kent_in_kc

Heartlander
Reaction score
I am rewiring the bike, using both the stock and a simplified circuit diagram. My wiring will be a bit different than either, of course.

So, I've got a fuse block downstream of the ignition switch, a 10A fuse for turn signals, then the circuit goes thru the flasher, then the turn signal switch and finally to the lights.

It does nothing. It no flashee.

How screwed up is my design? :banghead:

Also, where can I find a circuit diagram that has the proper call outs for the weird Japanese color coded wires in the handlebar controls?

When I was a kid installing electronic PBXs I remember their color codes were completely different than anything we'd seen. Almost like it came from a different country. :yikes:

Try bypassing the flasher. This should light the lights with no flash. This will tell you the lights are wired right. If they light then the flasher is the problem. If not the lights are the problem. Grounds are the biggie.
If you are using a two prong electronic flasher, they are polarity sensitive. I replaced the flasher on my 75 when I went to LED lights. At first no work, reverse the flasher leads, now work .

Back