Turn Signal issues

xswisconsin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all
I am trying to hook up led signals to an 81 X's 650 there are a million wires coming off the l side of the bars. Does anyone know what is power in and which you run to the lights? I have deleted the canceling unit.

Hello all
I am trying to hook up led signals to an 81 X's 650 there are a million wires coming off the l side of the bars. Does anyone know what is power in and which you run to the lights? I have deleted the canceling unit.

Click on "Tech"............click on "Electrical"................."Wiring Diagrams". You will find a 1981 wiring diagram. The information you need is there for you.

If you can't figure it out, come back and ask for assistance.

In case you don't know, you can't use the stock flasher relay with LEDs.

I have the wiring diagram, it is just confusing for me to read it. I was going to run the led flasher on the power line into the switch and then run the L and R power off the switch to the lights. My main issue is figuring out what wire is the power into the switch.

Thanks

I have the wiring diagram, it is just confusing for me to read it. I was going to run the led flasher on the power line into the switch and then run the L and R power off the switch to the lights. My main issue is figuring out what wire is the power into the switch.

Thanks

Power flows from the "Signals" fuse on a brown wire. The brown wire goes into the flasher relay. Power then leaves the flasher relay on the brown/white wire, and goes to the handlebar switch. Power flows out of the switch on Dark Green to the right turn lights, and Chocolate to the left turn lights.

Back