twin engine drag bike

ide love to feel it run!
One thing ive never understood about twim motor contraptions- if one motor runs a little smoother/stronger, wouldnt that motor be draged down to the performance level of the weakest motor? I originally thought this when I first spoted 'TV" Tommy Ivo's four engine powered monster with 4 wheel drive, All eight buick nailheads running hilbuorne injecto/stacks.
Isnt there a yellow twin 650 around some were?

angus67, I remember reading about one of the twin engine Bonneville record cars that they were trying to do some ungodly speed in. They ran it all day and couldn't get that last little bit of performance. When they finally got the record run the driver said that the tachs were perfectly synced all the way through. So I guess that's the real trick of it.

My question is what's the advantage of a dual engine bike over an 1100cc bike (or higher)? I get the advantage of more cylinders, but they've been making 4 cylinder liter+ bikes since the 70s, why two XS motors over that?

Why do it because you can if I had time & money ? you could almost make it like a R1 leave 1 engine std & repase the other would love some thing like that in my shed

Man that is a steal for that price! Looks to be in great condition too! I wonder what sort of clutch set-up it has,as the xs has a pretty weak one for even ONE engine! I'm going to call Mike L. right now and tell him to get this thing,HaHa! I wish it wasn't in Oregon or i would buy it myself.I would love to take that to the Billitproof drags this fall!!!!

Back