TX500 Parts Swap?

My go-to source for these kind of questions is partzilla.com. You can open two browsers and compare Yamaha parts numbers between the TX500 and XS650.

Yes, mostly just the accessory parts like turn signals, headlight lens and chrome ring, switch gear. The nylon female portion of the clutch worm is the same. I think the front wheel hub is narrower but the rear wheel can be adapted with a little work. It takes the same axle diameter, has the same sprocket bolt pattern, and has a cush drive in the sprocket mount. That alone makes it desirable. Personally, I've stripped 3 of these for parts over the years. That's all they're good for in my opinion. Two were given to me free, last one I paid $25 for, lol. Oh, a couple more things - it may have the same seat/helmet lock as a 650 and the combo passenger peg/muffler hanger brackets are nice. I've used those on a couple 650s so far.

Pull every metric fastener out of it you can. Leave 2 or 3 to hold it from falling apart, lol. I got a nice coffee can full of fasteners from these bikes and they've come in handy many a time.

Thought I read on here at one time about using that rear wheel because of the cush-drive. And I agree, no such thing as too many nuts, bolts and fasteners.
He's already cut the price in half in the last couple weeks. Might just have to get in touch with him and see what the real "Get it outta here" price is.

Back