TX750 fork in a XS1 b frame

scrapmetal

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Month ago I posted pics with all the twin engines I have, 256,447, than Kawasaki KZ750 and couple TX750
So, last week I decided to start rebuilding my XS1 b first, even I began rebuilding two of my KZ
Will try to put a front end from a TX 750 in the XS frame,
Have somebody did that bevor?

Honestly while it should not be all that hard to do, stem length might be the only issue. Aside from the disk brake, it's not much of an upgrade/improvement. An XS750 front would be a better choice...I THINK it will bolt on to an early frame, no mods needed. It will accept a spoke wheel with no mods. New lighter rotors to fit are available on fleabay. The XS750 standard is prefered but a complete XS750 (Calipers) special front end will work also.
While more work, there's some ideas in this thread.
http://www.xs650.com/threads/ywain.55701/

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for your answer,

the reason I will take the TX parts, I have a bunch of them and many parts, starting years ago when I found the scrap in 2008 driving by on a drive way in Nova Scotia, the two bikes decorated with Christmas lights,

the older Lady was willing to sell the bikes for a couple bugs, but she wont selling me the lights,( was pretty disappointed),

after that I bought more bikes and parts for cheap, nobody at that time was aware what jewelry the had rotten in their barns and sheds,

the triple tree not mounted yet but pretty sure now it fits, even the swing arm is in the XS1 frame now,

the original front fork of the XS was totally rotten and not usable anymore,

now I can use the disc, and the spoke wheels from the TX and hope the rear sprocket will line up with the motor sprocket,

by the way, I hope you guys can deal with my english, I'm a German moved to Nova Scotia in 2008

posted some pictures, the 1981 Goldwing 1100 is my current bike with some mods, the Fazer on picture with my Scottish buddy's bike is sold, was shortly killing myself with that thing
more questions, story's and pics soon,

Scrapmetal

Attachments

• scrap.JPG
    scrap.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 129
  • my shop.JPG
    my shop.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 59
  • the little blue.JPG
    the little blue.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 79
  • half blue.JPG
    half blue.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 78
  • TX swingarm.JPG
    TX swingarm.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 81
  • TX front end.JPG
    TX front end.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 89
  • GL1100 1981.JPG
    GL1100 1981.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Fazer and Vmax.JPG
    Fazer and Vmax.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 84
Yes, a TX750 rear wheel is a direct swap into our 650s, just a sprocket size change is required. That is no problem because the sprocket bolt pattern is the same. It will align with the front sprocket just fine. Big benefit is the larger rear brake. It is 20mm larger in diameter and 10mm wider.

Yes, they are very nice wheels. I dare say I like them better than the 650 ones. The rims are D.I.D. A couple little "gems" you'll find on the fronts are a raw alloy speedo drive and an alloy cover for the left disc mounting holes. Both polish up real nice .....

full

I've started picking up these older alloy speedo drives off eBay (they're cheap) and run them on all my 650 front wheels.

I will try to put a double disc on, have a couple of them from the TX but these is heavy steel, not the budget yet to buy lighter aftermarket, may drilling many holes in it for a better look, better brakes and less weight like I did on my old GL

I weighed some discs before and after drilling. I was surprised that all the holes didn't save much weight, only a few ounces. Still good to do though because it does improve the braking, even in dry weather.

Yeah, noticed the same effects, not much weights loss, but with the stainless steel lines I have now super front brakes on my GL
At that time I made descents templates I can use now on the XS and on my KZ's

F
lenght.JPG
First impression, TX 750 front end and swing arm fits the XS1B frame
Try, improvise, use existing parts of other brands, let's see what comes out, a basic idea is there, everything else is coming,
my attempt to install the fork with the front wheel and the swing arm with the rear wheel of the Yamaha TX750 in the XS1 B frame,
The steering head got new bearings, the swing arm new bushes and a new sleeve, the shaft of the steering head is longer than the XS, but I found a good solution.

Attachments

• TX swingarm.JPG
    TX swingarm.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 67
  • TX front end.JPG
    TX front end.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 68
  • first imresion.JPG
    first imresion.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 64
  • TX fork.JPG
    TX fork.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 73
  • TX swingarm (2).JPG
    TX swingarm (2).JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 76
variations, not sure yet which one

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 56
I like to see subtle Frankenbike changes.
On the xs750 knee dent tank.....when all is mounted there's probably 1/8 of an inch of clearance on the side-to-side movement of the front end before the down tubes will hit the tank.......yow! That's with a newer model replacement ('77).....utilizing the existing tank rear mount post on the bikes frame.

Back