UK Board Tracker Build Thread

Hi Fred, hopefully the rephase will calm it down a bit. I do like that bush idea though, I'm going to see how that can be incororporated. I did ask David at Voodoo and he has ran the XS engine with those three mounts with no issues, so I'll give it a go.

2M I'll see if I can find that post.

Looks good bud! How about only using half of one of the sides for your electrics? Idoubt they will fill the WHOLE tank!! That way you can get a bit extra fuelage!

That's a good plan Airwolfie, if I I can get a sealed baffle in there it might be a goer. Otherwise, it'll be short runs only. Saying that, I think one tank will take over a gallon. So, maybe a range of 50 miles or so. I'm sure by then, I'll be keen to get off :)

Thank you. Hopefully, I'll get some more time on it this weekend :)
The 320mm rotors arrived yesterday, so hopefully I'll get the tank done and them mocked up too.

Paul

Merry Christmas everyone. I haven't had the time recently to get on with the bike as much as I would have liked. So, over the Christmas period, I'm hoping to have a bit more free time. The tanks are still giving me a bit of a challenge for two reasons. 1. Mounting points and 2. Clearance. So, today I cut out some of the base of the tank and scalloped it to give more clearance to the engine, which has made a very positive difference. Tomorrow, I'll sort out the mounts - eventually!

Today I was determined to resolve the tank mounting issue. After running through many permutations, I settled for the first idea I thought of. I machined four threaded bosses which are welded to the frame and two plates which are welded to the tanks. I've got the rear mount to finish up tomorrow. All the welds will be finished up when the frame is stripped down.

Well, I eventually got the tank mounted and finished off. Turned my attention today to the front wheel and the new 320mm rotors. I mocked them up to see what clearance issues i had. As. I thought, I need to machine four 5mm spacers to allow the radial calipers to clear the wider discs. Also, I need to machine two 13mm spacers to get the correct offset from the XS hub. So far, I think they look quite good!

Happy New Year to one and all! A little more done today. I got the rotor spacers done and popped them on - just the job! I just need to machine the spacers to set the calipers back 5mm

After a lot of deliberation, I wasn't content with removing the upper rear mount. So, I decided to use some rose joints that I linked with some 8mm steel bar and sleeved with 12mm aluminium bar, which is also threaded to 8mm inside - just for a little more rigidity. I machined some 13mm steel bar, bored and tapped it to 8mm. At 45mm it is the same width as the rear mount boss on the engine casing. I drilled the frame and tacked it into place. I'm happy with the result.

An overall shot of the works to date

Well, that's cool.

If folks ask, you could tell them that it's used to preset the stress on the frame to tune out engine vibrations.

Then sit back and watch oddly cloned variants appear in the aftermarket...:devil::wtf::D

Looking just like the one I built................IN MY HEAD!!!!!!

Ace bud, looks well smart. Quite keen on seeing the colour(s) you gonna put on the tins!

Have you borrowed something from Da Vinci ?

Attachments

• DA VINCI FLYING MACHINE.jpg
    DA VINCI FLYING MACHINE.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 258
Back