UK Bobber Build thread

Thanks Carbon, its the 2012 model - the price was not to be missed :) I agree the 2013 model is even better but for now I am so impressed with the GS, especially with the roads over here in such bad shape!

Sub, i'll build you one for free if you pay for my air fair LOL :)
This link, post 448 is the closest I can find to the diagram i used http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61&page=23
If youve got her wired up and your not getting spark, its just a process of elimination. Start with the simple stuff, like is the battery / cap connected and well charged. Is the PMA wired in correctly. Then go through each circuit and connection in order with a meter and ensure no bad connections, including earths. If you are unsure of a component functioning, take it off the bike and wire it up on a test battery / bench set up.

Hey Guys, how are you all?
Yep, you're right been out riding - A LOT - both on the XS and the new GS1200. This is the GS at a place called Silloth in the North west of England at the weekend, you can just make out the Scottish mountains in the background over the Solway Firth
GS12001_zpsdfadfd4e.jpg

Here it is on a pass in the Lake District call Hardknott Pass - its really intense with nasty hairpins and 1:2 decents and climbs

GS12002_zps3d8edcb4.jpg

As for the XS I have now got 1002 miles on her. She is going very strong and its a blast with this heatwave we are having riding her around. She is attracting an awful lot of attention, with some people offering quite silly money for her but shes not for sale.
I think the best comments are the ones that appreciate the detail and have an understanding of the effort that goes into a build like this.

I'll get some more snaps up of the XS this weekend hopefully if the weather holds

Good to hear from you Paul.Looks like one hell of a area to ride in, you lucky sob!:laugh:
Have fun while you can before the rains come back.:bike:

Thanks Guys!
Well the rain is back this morning! Bugger!
Hopefully it wont last and it'll fine for the weekend.
Yeah, there's certainly some fantastic scenery around here - quite lucky really :)

Hi Carbon, good to here from you!
Yeah, the first day i got it we went off road on 15 mile dirt track called the forrest drive - awaesome but needed a lot of cleaning afterwards. Surprisingly for a big bike they do well on the gravel and clarts

You too!

Paul it's also good to hear for You Brother.
how did those tires do off road?
they look more for street.
as for a dual sport bike that size I can't think of a better one.
take some rides for me.

Tyres worked well but i wouldnt like to do deep clarts. They are Metzeler Tourances and they are awesome on the road too!
best bike I have ever had - wish Id got one sooner

So, quick update - Ill be entering the bobber into a show next week, so this weekend is all about getting her ready!
I'll update with pics and hopefully, results :)
Around 1300 miles on now with only a slight oild weep from the left hand cam cover, which ill look at this weekend.

Hey Paul. 1300 miles not to bad.
I take it you have been riding the beamer.
I'm working on my engine now and will be getting it back together soon. :thumbsup:
GL at the show. pix at the show is a must "or it didn't happen":)

I have been riding the GS - a lot! Done about 2500 since i got it - been to a few rallies and up to the top of Scotland and back down the West coast through Loch Ness at the weekend - brilliant run :)
Absolutely pics will be taken (even if I get the wooden spoon) :)

Hey Sub - hope you're well! Theres a website for auto correct cock ups - very funny :)

Hi John - certainly am my friend! Thank you very much - quite looking forward to it!

Back