UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

strewth paul you nearly have the bike built before I even came across the thread lol.:laugh:

You've made a cracking start buddy. Lots of good ideas and advice here for anyone looking to cafe a bike ahem like me and Wolfie (Wolfie just hasn't realised it yet though lol )

Subscribed and looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

Do you have any set designs that are inspiring the build direction or is it an organic design ?

You've made a cracking start buddy. Lots of good ideas and advice here for anyone looking to cafe a bike ahem like me and Wolfie (Wolfie just hasn't realised it yet though lol )

Oh I realised it! It's the missus that hasn't!!!:D:laugh:

Making great progress Paul, got yourself some USD's yet?

Hi Peanut, thanks! :)
Its an organic design - the only brief i have in my head is that it must look like a retro cafe racer but with all the modern bells and whistles :)

Thanks Airwolfie, I have my eye on a few on ebay, they're all around the £250 mark so ill just bite the bullet :)

Hi Dedede, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Another day in the shed. Managed to get the rearsets finished off and mounted with their new bosses. Also, I made up some small brackets to give some support to the new mufflers and welded those on. Took the swingarm out and cut off the brake stay, as I have decided to do for a disc brake on the back with the spoked wheels. When I had the swingarm out I also finished off some of the welds that the factory dont do. A bit anal I know but its all in the detail :)

DSCN0709_zps924ce0e5.jpg

DSCN0710_zps93618956.jpg

DSCN0711_zpsd49f394b.jpg

DSCN0712_zps40d8ba6a.jpg

Nice work my friend, nice work.It has got to be great to start with a nice and clean example of a bike.
I see your ribbons hanging up there, well deserved.

Hi John, yeah its quite good to have a reasonably clean example :)
Thanks - if you look close they are singed form me riding off the show field pissed and they burnt on the exhaust :)

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant! You damn English with your English sayings.:laugh:
Hey, I thought you were going on holiday? Damn! Now you have me saying it!:D

Cool! Didn't think you did my friend.:thumbsup:
I'm going out to snap a couple pics and get a little more riding in.It's gettin' cold here quick.:eek:

Yeah it is here. Autumn has certainly taken hold fast! Both my bikes are now tucked up in the shed. Not be long before they start salting the roads:( I'll be lighting the stove before long :)

The weather is as good as it gets now.
I'm not sure which colonialist come up with the word "vacation".
But I like holiday better. It just sounds a bit more spirited.
You know more of this :laugh:
instead of this :)

Egyptians like You guys better than Us. Still watch Your arse

Back